Not stepping into Mohnish’s shoes: Sharad KelkarMarch 8th, 2012 - 3:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) Television actor Sharad Kelkar, who is replacing Mohnish Behl in “Kuch Toh Log Kahenge”, says he won’t copy the former’s style and will just play the lead character of Dr. Ashutosh.
“The director thought since the character requires a certain amount of maturity so I would perfectly fit into it. But I am not stepping into Mohnish-ji’s shoes. I am stepping into the character’s shoes. He acted very well and was brilliant in the show. But I am not going to copy him,” Kelkar told IANS.
“I have my own style and attitude when it comes to acting. No two actors can be the same. So I hope viewers like me in my own avatar and not compare me with Mohnishji. I will try to fulfill all the requirements and expectations of people,” he said.
Before shooting for the show, Sharad did a two-day workshop with other actors in the show.
“I had a meeting with the team and that time I had some prior commitments, so took some time to decide. It seemed like a challenge to me, but then I thought one should go ahead and said yes,” said the actor who hails from Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, and is an MBA in marketing.
Sharad agreed that the industry does not have many roles for senior experienced actors.
“It is a tragedy that there are not much roles for senior actors in the industry. One reason could be that they charge a lot more money than the young and fresh faces that are introduced. Second, the trends in television industry. There has always been a trend that is followed. So I believe a trend will come when senior actors will play major roles,” said Kelkar.
The actor best remembered for his role in Zee Tv’s show “Saat Phere” and was last seen playing the role of Digvijay Thakur in Balaji Telefilms serial “Bairi Piya” aired on Colors.
Post completion of the show, Sharad had been busy with the shooting, dubbing and promotion of Marathi feature film “Chinu”, releasing March 9.
- Sharad Kelkar to replace Mohnish Behl in 'Kuch Toh...' - Mar 07, 2012
- "I say sorry to my fans of Bairi Piya" - Sharad Kelkar - Aug 30, 2010
- 'Kuch Toh Log..' shifted to late night slot - May 15, 2012
- It is not funny to be crushed under Bharti -Sharad Kelkar - Feb 17, 2010
- Sharad Kelkar Enjoying Sweet Holidays! - Sep 18, 2010
- TRP does matter - Sharad Kelkar - Sep 28, 2009
- Middle-aged men rule the roost on television - Jan 09, 2012
- As India borrows Pakistani romance, one man recasts himself - Sep 16, 2011
- "I Have A Major Fan Following In Pakistan" Says Sharad Kelkar - Sep 06, 2010
- TV excellent medium for writers: Kamlesh Pandey (Interview) - Oct 04, 2011
- Amoli-Thakur Accept Each Other In Bairi Piya - Aug 07, 2010
- 'Kuch Toh Log..' set to recreate 'Dhoop Kinare' magic on TV - Sep 15, 2011
- Sharad Kelkar is sleep deprived - Dec 26, 2009
- Sharad Kelkar excited to hear his own voice! - Aug 27, 2010
- After playing Mallika, Rukhsar looks forward to new show - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: actors, ashutosh, attitude, avatar, commitments, feature film, fresh faces, gwalior, ji, maturity, mba, mohnish behl, New Delhi, one reason, sharad kelkar, television actor, television industry, thakur, tragedy, zee tv