Not-so-perfect Megan Fox has clubbed thumbsJune 12th, 2009 - 4:28 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 12 (ANI): She’s one of Hollywood’s most hottest stars, but Transformers actress Megan Fox is not entirely perfect - she has unusually large thumbs.
The medical term for Fox’s clubbed thumbs is brachydactyly, according to local hand surgeons, reports The New York Daily News.
“Literally, what it means is short finger,” says Dr. Steven Bendner, a hand surgeon at Beth Israel Medical Center.
“The nail of the thumb in this condition is often very short and wide,” the expert added.
“It is usually hereditary. Although it could also have been caused by frostbite, or it could have been an injury to the growth plate in childhood,” the expert explained.
The condition becomes more visible during growth and maturity, Beldner says.
Dr. Richard Kim, director of congenital hand surgery at Hackensack Medical Center, notes: “You need it to be able to touch the other fingers and it is important for pinching. In Megan Fox’s case, it appears that only the last bone of the thumb is affected and that it does not involve the joint. For her, it looks like it’s just a cosmetic deficit.” (ANI)
- Clubbed thumbs force Megan Fox to use body double in phone ad - Feb 09, 2010
- Megan Fox uses hand double to hide clubbed thumbs - Feb 09, 2010
- Megan Fox's large thumb - Jun 12, 2009
- Megan Fox's Thumb In Motorola Ad: New Avatar, Or Just A Double? - Feb 10, 2010
- Pioneering surgery helps paralysed man move hand - May 17, 2012
- Megan Fox's Super Bowl ad hand-double exposed - Feb 15, 2010
- Potential treatment target for congenital heart disease identified - Feb 22, 2011
- Girls want Scarlett's lips, Natalie's nose and Jennifer's hair! - Jan 07, 2011
- South African tweaker Imran Tahir fractures thumb, doubtful for World Cup - Mar 10, 2011
- 8 Indian-Americans get medal for community service - May 17, 2012
- Kryptonite superglue speeds up recovery in heart patients post surgery - Oct 25, 2010
- To Help Waistline and Heart, Take Short Breaks From Sitting - Jan 13, 2011
- Kenyan man gets 'second life' after Delhi treatment - Jul 19, 2012
- Four-year-old gets his severed thumb back - Jun 10, 2009
- Hand movements may give clues to ADHD severity - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: actress megan fox, beth israel medical, beth israel medical center, clubbed thumbs, congenital hand surgery, dr richard, dr steven, frostbite, hackensack medical center, hand surgeon, hand surgeons, hottest stars, israel medical center, kim director, maturity, medical term, megan fox, new york daily news, richard kim, york daily news