Not game for Senseless glamour - Sayali BhagatJune 13th, 2009 - 3:24 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Former Miss India Sayali Bhagat is back on sliver screen with her two flicks Paying Guest and Kirkit releasing back to back. The model turned actress has achieved success not only in Bollywood but down the South too.
The glamorous girl has won the hearts of many but she has never and will not go beyond her limits of glamourisation . Even if the industry demands so but still it’s a big no - no for the girl. “I am not game for any senseless glamour. The producers who did come to me with such offers went disappointed as I made my stand clear, says Sayali.
“I would do only that much which my films required. At the end of the day I want to do acting and showcase my talent. I have always looked for meatier and interesting roles than glamourous roles,” she adds. Though we all know how meatier and glamourous she was with Emran in her first movie.
As now that Sayali has become choosy lets hear from her of what will be the criteria for taking up the films. “Criteria on the basic level film have to excite me. Secondly I have a gut feeling on how the film will shape up and of course the third criteria will be the meat in the role than length,” she chirps.
Lastly Miss India was annoyed on being asked about the much talk rapport of her and Shoaib Malik. “It’s absolutely not true. I have always denied it and I have always said that there was nothing there is nothing and will be nothing between us.”
Well this seems to be quite meaty than a role too. Isn’t it?
-Rachana Trivedi /Sampurn Media
- I want to do different roles: Sayali Bhagat - Dec 01, 2011
- "I don't want short term fame" - Sayali Bhagat - Jun 12, 2009
- Sayali Bhagat has a variety of films on hand - Jun 02, 2009
- Sayali Bhagat okay with wearing bikini on screen - Sep 16, 2011
- Shabana, Dr No, is a perfectionist: Javed Akhtar - Dec 11, 2011
- Confident, not over-confident of 'Heroine', says Kareena - Sep 01, 2012
- Hudson plans a break after second baby - Apr 29, 2011
- I'm not in Bollywood's rat race, says Raima Sen - Oct 24, 2010
- Vidya happy with the response to 'The Dirty Picture' - Dec 03, 2011
- There's still child labour on movie sets: Sarika (Interview) - Feb 17, 2011
- It's good to be choosy, says Pitobash Tripathi - Jun 11, 2012
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Neha Dhupia is 'very choosy' - May 12, 2012
- Models wait for their Bollywood breaks - Jun 05, 2012
- Raveena goes de-glam for new film (Movie Snippets) - Jan 04, 2012