Not aiming at acting return: Clint EastwoodOctober 14th, 2010 - 1:37 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 13 (IANS) Filmmaker Clint Eastwood says he has no desire to come back in front of the camera, but could reconsider if the right role came his way.
The actor-turned-director hasn’t been seen on the big screen since his outstanding performance in “Gran Torino” in 2008, a movie that should have been nominated for the Oscars.
“But I haven’t read many scripts like that,” he says. “I’ll stay right where I am, behind the camera,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
“I have no burning desire to get up there. But if the right role came along, I could develop the desire to do it,” he said.
Eastwood is currently busy with his directorial project “Hereafter” which reunites him with “Invictus” actor Matt Damon.
Eastwood is also said to be teaming up with Leonardo DiCaprio for a film based on FBI director J. Edgar Hoover.
The movie is a biopic of Hoover, focusing on his career.
- Dame Judi Dench always wanted to work with Clint Eastwood - Jan 26, 2011
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play FBI founder - Feb 13, 2011
- DiCaprio wanted to gain weight for biopic - Nov 05, 2011
- Kissing DiCaprio wasn't that weird: Hammer - May 26, 2011
- Watts to star in John Edgar Hoover's biopic - Jan 29, 2011
- DiCaprio to play FBI Chief in next? - Apr 01, 2010
- James Bond only role to get Eastwood out of retirement - Feb 01, 2011
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play FBI founder - Jun 19, 2010
- I wanted to put on extra weight: DiCaprio - Dec 16, 2011
- Eastwood wants Dicaprio, Beyonce in 'A Star Is Born' - Jun 29, 2011
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play FBI chief in new film? - Apr 01, 2010
- 'J. Edgar' - a sympathetic, non-judgmental portrait (IANS Movie Review) - Jan 20, 2012
- Eastwood to be honoured for cinematic contribution - Sep 13, 2011
- Success isn't everything: Naomi Watts - Jan 20, 2012
- Clint Eastwood To Direct FBI Biopic - Mar 12, 2010