Non-film music needs to be marketed well: Shankar MahadevanMarch 2nd, 2012 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 2 (IANS) Composer-singer Shankar Mahadevan says lack of quality has been responsible for the decline of non-film music, but he feels that any music would sell if the quality is good and it is marketed well.
“In today’s day, it’s only about film music and people assume that that’s all that sells. But we shouldn’t give anyone a chance to say that there is no market for non-film music in India,” said the composer.
“There is no market because non-film music is not good. So I think we should come together and come out with something really good, market it well, market it the way you would a big film. If you do, definitely people want to listen to good songs,” added the 44-year-old.
Shankar was speaking at the launch of the album - “Love Is In The Air” - featuring Babul Supriyo, Javed Ali, Alka Yagnik, Shaan and Neha Bhasin.
After rendering beautiful music for “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara”, “Patiala House” and “Don 2: The King is Back” in 2011, Shankar is currently composing for Kamal Haasan’s “Vishwaroopam” and Manoj Bajpai-starrer “Chittagong”.
- Solo album magic wanes: Digital media may revive it - Aug 07, 2012
- Bollywood not obligated to absorb TV talent: Babul Supriyo - Jul 13, 2012
- GIMA voting process starts - Aug 30, 2011
- Husain, you'll live through your creations: Rahman (Movie Snippets) - Jun 10, 2011
- Would love to do more Tamil films: Shankar, Ehsaan, Loy - Sep 08, 2012
- 'Urumi' wins best film at Madrid film fest - Jun 04, 2012
- Shaan mulls marketing of new album - Jun 16, 2010
- Shankar Mahadevan seeks blessings for son's debut - Nov 21, 2011
- Shankar loves to see audiences enjoy his music - Mar 14, 2012
- We all love Anna Hazare: Alka Yagnik - Aug 26, 2011
- Ogo Bodhu Sundari -2010 - Jun 07, 2010
- Light, feel good music in 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara'(IANS Music Review) - Jun 14, 2011
- Hariharan composing for his first Hindi movie - May 11, 2011
- 'Aashayein' essentially a pack of love songs (IANS Music Review) - Aug 02, 2010
- Independent music returning in a big way: Salim Merchant - Apr 06, 2012