Nolan announces ‘Batman 3′ titleOctober 28th, 2010 - 3:43 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Oct 28 (IANS) Christopher Nolan has announced the title of the third instalment of his blockbuster Batman franchise — it will be called “The Dark Knight Rises”.
Neither will the film be in 3D format nor will iconic villain The Riddler fill in The Joker’s shoes in the third outing about the caped crusader’s efforts to keep Gotham city crime-free, Nolan said in an interview to Los Angeles Times’ Hero Complex blog.
“The Dark Knight Rises” will be distributed by Warner Bros. The first movie was “Batman Begins” that released in 2005, but it was part two - “The Dark Knight” - that went on to gross over a billion dollars worldwide when released in 2008. It also fetched Australian actor Heath Ledger a posthumous Oscar for his stupendous performance.
Nolan steers clear of the 3D technology that took Hollywood by storm after the success of James Cameron’s “Avatar” as he wants to focus on the high definition cameras and IMAX technology.
The director, whose last outing “Inception” created ripples worldwide, stated that the third Batman film will follow many of the same characters from the previous films as well as a few new ones.
“The Dark Knight Rises” is slated to be released July 20, 2012.
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
- 'Dark Knight Rises' prologue releaesed - Dec 10, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight' sequel to hit screens in 2012 - May 02, 2010
- Rohan Sippy's film with Ayushmann, Kunaal, goes on floors (Movie Snippets) - Jul 22, 2012
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- Sequel of 'The Dark Night' to Hit Screens in 2012 - May 03, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Not The Last Batman Movie For Christian Bale? - Jan 23, 2011
- No replacement for Heath Ledger's Joker role in Batman - Jun 07, 2010
- No Heath Ledger In Dark Knight Rises - Dec 05, 2010
- Robin Williams in 'Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 31, 2011
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- No Joker In "Batman 3"? - Jul 17, 2010
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- Christopher Nolan condemns theatre shooting - Jul 21, 2012
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' biggest story I've told: Christopher Nolan (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: 3d technology, actor heath, australian actor, batman begins, batman film, batman franchise, billion dollars, blockbuster, caped crusader, christopher nolan, city crime, dark knight, definition cameras, heath ledger, instalment, james cameron, los angeles times, previous films, ripples, villain