Nobel laureate Mohammad Yunus visits Manipal Cure and Care centre in BangaloreAugust 20th, 2008 - 9:45 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, August 20 (ANI/Business Wire India): Manipal Cure and Care (MCC) was graced by the presence of Muhammad Yunus, the Noble Peace Prize awardee of 2006 accompanied by Vidar Jorgensen - President Grameen America.
Dr. Satish Amarnath- Medical director MCC welcomed them.
Yunus and Jorgensen were very impressed by this preventive health and wellness centre and his purpose of visiting MCC is that he was looking at different healthcare delivery model especially scalable model which can be scaled down to a small poor rural community to large scale community development project which can be deployed at the block level.
Yunus could see how Manipal Cure and Care have raised themself in the health care sector catering to all the health care and wellness needs of clients. As the saying goes, where innovation is the key to success MCC have proved it practically, he could feel it personally while seeing the state of art facilities provided under one roof by MCC.
Yunus’’s long-term vision is to eliminate poverty in the world. That vision cannot be realized by means of micro-credit alone. But Muhammad Yunus and Grameen bank have shown that, in the continuing efforts to achieving this, affordable healthcare also place a pivotal role. (ANI)
- French president supports Grameen's Yunus - Apr 06, 2011
- 'Charges against Muhammad Yunus politically motivated' - Feb 18, 2011
- Yunus fears Grameen Bank's takeover by government - Aug 02, 2012
- Dhaka court hears petition challenging Yunus' ouster - Mar 06, 2011
- Mixed reactions to Yunus sacking - Mar 03, 2011
- Court rejects Muhammad Yunus's petition (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- 'Friends of Grameen Bank' defend Nobel laureate Yunus from aggressive govt attacks - Feb 17, 2011
- Nobel Laureate Yunus to appear in 'The Simpsons' - Jul 26, 2010
- UAE participates in global microcredit summit in Spain - Nov 18, 2011
- Yunus fears government is taking over Grameen Bank (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Yunus moves apex court against removal from Grameen Bank - Mar 09, 2011
- Bangladesh to probe Grameen 'irregularities' - Dec 23, 2010
- Bangladesh govt.announces probe into Grameen Bank over diversion of aid money - Jan 13, 2011
- Bangladesh apex court confirms Yunus removal from Grameen Bank (Second Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Yunus remains Grameen Bank chief despite court verdicts - May 07, 2011
Tags: health and wellness, health care sector, long term vision, mohammad yunus, muhammad yunus, muhammad yunus and grameen bank, nobel laureate, noble peace prize, poverty in the world, wellness centre