No voting, no elimination in STAR’s new dance showJune 24th, 2008 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 24 (IANS) After the popular “Nach Baliye”, STAR TV is launching another reality dance show “Zara Nachke Dikha”. The similarity ends here because this time couples will not compete with each nor will there be any voting or elimination. “This show will entirely celebrate the spirit of youth and set trends, targeting young audience. There will be no eliminations, no voting and no wild card entries,” said Ravi Menon, executive vice president STAR One.
To be aired on STAR One from July 14, the show will judged by Malaika Arora and former Bollywood star Chunkey Pandey.
“‘Zara Nachke Dikha’ is not going to be like usual shows where couples compete with each other. This show is the battle of the sexes on the dance floor. The ground is set for 16 television artists,” said Malaika.
“I enjoy the concept of reality shows and it is going to be great fun,” added Malaika, who also judged first two seasons of “Nach Baliye”.
Hosting the show would be TV actor Karan Singh Grover, who plays doctor Armaan Mallik in the channel’s comedy drama “Dill Mill Gaye”, and Shweta Gulati.
The show will see the TV’s popular actors Ali Azgar, Amit Tandon, Bhaktyaar Irani, Gaurav Chopra, Manish Goel, Vikash Sethi, Chaitanya Chowdhury and child artists Amey Pandya competing with their female colleagues Karishma Tanna, Rupali Ganguli, Delnaz Paul, Narayani Shastri, Jennifer Winget, Maninee De, Mouni Roy and Swini Khare.
Child actors Amey and Swini are expected to pack in a little extra punch to the show.
“The kids today are much better dancers than the elders, and I am really looking forward to judging them,” said Malaika.
- What sore losers men can be: Malaika - Oct 07, 2008
- Malaika upsets reality show contestant? (With Images) - Jun 05, 2012
- Is Zara Nachke.. to be blamed for Aamir-Sanjeeda split? - Mar 15, 2010
- Aamir Ali collapses during 'Zara Nachke Dikha' shoot - May 12, 2010
- Quick money lures TV actors to reality shows - Jul 07, 2010
- Vaibhavi Merchant is third judge for 'Zara Nachke Dikha' - Apr 20, 2010
- I've been single for long: Gaurav Chopraa - Aug 21, 2012
- Shilpa Shetty to judge 'Zara Nach Ke Dikha' - Apr 06, 2010
- Why Farah Khan refused to judge 'Zara Nachke Dikha' - Apr 12, 2010
- Shilpa shot non-stop for 22 hours for reality show - Apr 25, 2010
- Salman to judge dance reality show 'Zara Nachke Dikha'? - Apr 06, 2010
- Is Zara Nachke Dikha jinxed? - May 15, 2010
- Hire and fire! - May 24, 2010
- Now international talent on 'Zara Nachke Dikha' - Jun 04, 2010
- L'il Masters rocks; Chak.. booms, Nachke.. doomed? - May 06, 2010
Tags: battle of the sexes, bollywood star, child actors, child artists, comedy drama, delnaz paul, dill mill gaye, female colleagues, jennifer winget, khare, malaika arora, mallik, mouni roy, narayani shastri, rupali ganguli, set trends, shweta gulati, spirit of youth, television artists, vikash