No villain in my show: AamirMay 6th, 2012 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 6 (IANS) Actor-producer Aamir Khan, whose “Satyameva Jayate” saw its first episode, dealing with female foeticide, aired Sunday morning, said there was no villain in his show and nor was he advocating any solution but just bringing problems to the people’s notice.
“Doctors should not be blamed in this (female foeticide). Everyone involved in this are equally responsible. I don’t understand why there is so much of fascination with boy child. After all, It is a woman who takes the family ahead,” Aamir said, on the issue.
“There is no villain in my show. Who is the villain, it is we all who are doing something wrong. Each problem can be solved through love and that is the reason even my song ‘Satyameva Jayate’ is a love song,” he added.
The opening episode had mothers from different parts of the country, from both rural and urban areas talking about the pressure and the problems they faced for delivering a girl child.
The actor says he can’t solve anything, neither can the government.
“I am no one to bring change or solve anything neither can the government. One person cannot improve this or bring solution. I can only keep the issue in front of everyone. The only solution is each and everyone should say I will not do that,” Aamir said.
- Aamir's 'Satyamev Jayate' top five trends on Twitter - May 06, 2012
- Social issues fine, but no politics for Aamir Khan - May 07, 2012
- Severely punish culprits of female foeticide: Aamir - Jul 11, 2012
- Sukhwinder sings for Aamir's TV show - Mar 18, 2012
- Meant for private, national channels, Aamir's show to make history - Apr 13, 2012
- I'm not interested in politics: Aamir Khan (Interview) - Jun 08, 2012
- 'Satyameva Jayate' inspires sarpanch to act against female foeticide - May 24, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- About 100,000 people dialled in to speak to Aamir - May 08, 2012
- Aamir Khan to meet Gehlot over female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Aamir doing fantastic job with 'Satyamev Jayate': Ritesh Sidhwani - May 21, 2012
- Female foeticide short is to create awareness: Ajay Devgn (Interview) - Jul 08, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' grows more popular than Aamir! - May 14, 2012
- Special police station to probe Rajasthan foeticide cases - Sep 17, 2012
- Aamir's 'Satyamev...' ends with aplomb - Jul 29, 2012