No special treatment for Hilton, say policeAugust 31st, 2010 - 2:33 am ICT by IANS
Chicago, Aug 31 (IANS) A Las Vegas police spokesman has insisted socialite Paris Hilton received “no special treatment” after she was arrested on cocaine possession charges Friday night.
The spoilt rich kid and her boyfriend Cy Waits were driving along Sin City’s famous strip when their car was pulled over by cops. While Waits was arrested on suspicion of Driving Under Influence (DUI), Hilton was booked for alleged felony drug possession after a police officer found a suspicious-looking white powder in her purse.
Hilton was checked into the Clark County Detention Center, but was freed in less than three hours prompting rumours her celebrity status secured her a quick release, Suntimes.com reports.
But a Las Vegas police spokesperson is adamant Hilton was processed like any other detainee.
“(She) received absolutely no special treatment. We are used to celebrities here. They are treated no differently than anyone else,” said the spokesperson.
- David Letterman Calls Paris Hilton An "Idiot" In "Late Night With David Letterman" Show - Sep 03, 2010
- Paris Hilton to face drug possession charges after Las Vegas cocaine incident - Aug 31, 2010
- Hilton's beau fired from nightclub over arrest - Aug 30, 2010
- Plea Deal Likely To Keep Paris Hilton Out Of Jail - Sep 20, 2010
- Paris Hilton pleads guilty to cocaine possession - Sep 20, 2010
- Hilton's boyfriend Waits faces four years in jail - Jan 21, 2011
- Hilton arrested for cocaine possession - Aug 29, 2010
- Paris Hilton debarred from two Las Vegas resorts - Sep 02, 2010
- David Letterman calls Paris Hilton an 'idiot' on his show - Sep 03, 2010
- Paris Hilton's beau faces criminal charges in Las Vegas - Jan 21, 2011
- Paris Hilton arrested for possesion of cocaine in Las Vegas - Aug 28, 2010
- Paris Hilton And Beau Cy Waits Arrested - Aug 29, 2010
- Cocaine And Albuterol Tablet Found In Possession Of Paris Hilton - Aug 31, 2010
- Cops defend Paris Hilton's quick release from jail - Sep 07, 2010
- Paris Hilton Banned From Nightclubs? - Sep 02, 2010
Tags: celebrities, celebrity status, clark county detention, clark county detention center, cocaine possession, cops, cy, detainee, drug possession, felony, friday night, paris hilton, police officer, police spokesman, police spokesperson, possession charges, purse, rich kid, sin city, suspicion