“No Smoking”, “Jab We Met” open to mixed responseNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:54 am ICT by admin
This then leads him to the “Laboratory” which is not quite the run-of-the-mill rehabilitation centre, but a dungeon run by yet another powerful character Baba Bengali whose ideas of reform are different from the usual “twelve steps” programme.
The film is set in India, Azerbaijan and Russia.
Despite the presence of big stars like John Abraham and Bipasha Basu in the movie and a very unique storyline, the opening show didn’t receive a good response from the audience.
“It was fine. Not bad. It’s all about no smoking and all that”, said Ankur, a movie enthusiast.
Meanwhile, actor John Abraham was away in Indore promoting his film. He took oath along with 100,000 students against smoking.
“We want to make this city and country a no smoking zone”, said Abraham.
But how much this promotional campaign will help the movie can only be gauged after some time.
Another flick that hit theatres across the country is Imtiyaaz Ali’s “Jab We Met” (When we met) starring Sahid Kapur and Kareena Kapoor.
It was well received by the audiences, which found the movie and songs appealing.
“It’s awesome, it’s amazingly nice. Well it’s a story about a young girl who lives in a dream world and how she falls in love and all that. Good time pass”, said Sahiba, a viewer.
Imtiyaz Ali, Director, Jab we Met (When we met) is confident that movie will do well.
“It’s a very positive feeling. It is a feeling of being thankful to all the energy, all the people and all the forces that has caused this film to happen”, said Ali. (ANI)
- Classic remakes not on Imtiaz Ali's wish list - Feb 16, 2012
- Imtiaz Ali lends support to 'Dekh Indian Circus' (With Images) - May 11, 2012
- No new Urdu, Punjabi films, Pakistanis flock to watch Batman - Aug 20, 2012
- Pritam to compose for 'Dhoom 3' - Feb 14, 2011
- Toughest to shoot with kids, animals: Big B (Movie Snippets) - Sep 27, 2011
- 'Cocktail' clicks with youngsters, gets about 90 percent opening - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Rockstar' earns Rs.11 crore plus on opening day - Nov 12, 2011
- Bosco-Ceaser on a high after winning first National Award - Mar 07, 2012
- 'Sher pe sawa sher' between Salman and Vivek - May 30, 2012
- How could you be youth role model, daughter asks SRK - Feb 09, 2012
- Now filmmakers free to make genre-based movies: Goldie Behl - Feb 11, 2012
- Vidya's oomph may bowl out other biggies - Nov 11, 2011
- Smokers' Victory: Censors Allow Ajay Devgn To Smoke Throughout - Jul 29, 2010
- BJP tries to bridge gaps on presidential contest (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Director Imtiaz Ali To Act Again In Sushil Rajpal's 'Old Monk' - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: actor john abraham, ali, ankur, anurag, being thankful, bipasha basu, chain smoking, dungeon run, indore, jab, kapur, kareena kapoor, kashyap, kick the habit, no smoking, rehabilitation centre, sahid, said abraham, she falls, twelve steps