No Rolling Stones at London Olympics (Lead)February 11th, 2012 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 11 (IANS) Mick Jagger and his The Rolling Stones will not perform at a musical concert for the closing ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics, a representative of the iconic band said.
The representative has shot down reports that the rockers are being lined up to perform at a Best of British concert in the city’s Hyde Park, playing alongside soul star Adele and reunited Brit-pop band Blur, reports contactmusic.com.
The one-off show is said to be part of a string of free events to be held in London to coincide with the 2012 games - but Bernard Doherty, a spokesman for the Stones, has dismissed the claims, insisting Mick Jagger and his bandmates have no plans to take part in any Olympics event.
“Contrary to a totally inaccurate report in the London Evening Standard today (Friday), The Rolling Stones wish to point out that they are not performing at any concerts tied to the 2012 Olympic Games in Hyde Park or The Olympic Park,” said Doherty.
The Rolling Stones have yet to announce any live gigs for 2012 - the 50th anniversary of the legendary group’s formation.
- No Rolling Stones show at London Olympics - Feb 11, 2012
- Rolling Stones to bow out after 50 yrs in music - with giant farewell tour - Jul 24, 2010
- Supergroup being formed for the 2012 Olympic - Apr 26, 2011
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
- Rolling Stones planning comeback tour for next year - Oct 29, 2010
- Rolling Stones' members not splitting - May 25, 2010
- Today is Mick Jagger's birthday - Jul 26, 2011
- Mick Jagger says Keith Richards' autobiography is "a bit bitchy" - Nov 05, 2010
- Rolling Stones gear up for final farewell - Jul 25, 2010
- Rolling Stones Plan Farewell Tour - Jul 24, 2010
- Mick Jagger to make rock movie - Apr 10, 2011
- It's Beatles vs Rolling Stones for 2012 Olympics opening ceremony - Aug 08, 2010
- Richards reveals Rolling Stones' disgusting acts in memoir - Oct 18, 2010
- Mick Jagger to give first solo performance on Grammys - Feb 04, 2011
- I won't be doing London Olympics: Ringo Starr - Jul 25, 2011
Tags: 2012 london olympics, 2012 olympic games, 50th anniversary, adele, band blur, bandmates, closing ceremony, gigs, hyde park, inaccurate report, legendary group, london evening standard, london feb, mick jagger, olympic games, olympic park, olympics event, rockers, rolling stones, soul star