No retakes for Ritchies Sherlock Holmes movie, says Warner Bros.

February 19th, 2009 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI  

Washington, Feb 19 (ANI): Warner Bros. has denied reports that claimed the studio had asked Guy Ritchie to re-shoot parts of his forthcoming Sherlock Holmes movie.
The British director was reportedly left fuming after being told he had to re-shoot five weeks” worth of scenes for his super sleuth film, which stars Robert Downey Jr. as the iconic detective, reports Contactmusic.
According to The Sun, executives at Warner Bros. - the studio in charge of the film’’s production - had heavily criticised the moviemaker’’s first takes.
However, reps for Warner Bros are denying the reports - insisting they are very pleased with the work completed on the film so far.
In a statement, a spokesperson for the studio said, “It is not true that Warner Bros. has asked for any reshoots on Sherlock Holmes. The inserts and pickup shots being completed next week, which have long been part of the schedule, do not involve any cast, and are a standard part of filmmaking.”
“It is still early in the production process, and the studio has not yet seen the movie. Both Warner Bros. and Guy Ritchie are very pleased with the footage they have seen thus far,” the spokesperson added. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe