No regrets, says Vivek Oberoi about his careerJuly 14th, 2012 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 14 (IANS) In a decade of his association with Bollywood, Vivek Oberoi has seen many highs and lows, but he has no regrets whatsoever. He says he finds encouragement from his wife Priyanka Alva.
Asked if he regrets the way his career has shaped up, Vivek, who married Priyanka in 2011, said: “No regrets, my wife still feels that I am the best.”
Vivek made his debut with Ram Gopal Varma’s 2002 film “Company”, where his role won him critical acclaim. He also earned cheers for his work in “Saathiya”, but films like “Kyun Ho Gaya Na”, “Fool N Final”, “Kaal”, “Mission Istanbul”, “Kisna” and “Prince” failed to strike a similar chord with the audience.
The 35-year-old is now gearing for the release of his new film “Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story”, which is about two completely opposite people. Directed by Vinnil Markan, it also features Neha Sharma.
“Jayanta is a very different character. The film is about two people from different world. There is chemistry, there is attraction but they are as though from two different planets,” Vivek said.
“The girl is educated and polished, while Jayanta is someone who is streetwise. He does not even know how to talk to a girl and that is the fun of it,” he added.
The film is slated to release in October.
- Deepak Tijori wants new heroine for next directorial - Jun 27, 2012
- Aamir praises 'Malegaon Ka Superman' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 30, 2012
- Recreating 26/11 massacre felt terrifying: RGV (Movie Snippets) - Sep 04, 2012
- Actor Vivek Oberoi hosts grand wedding reception in Mumbai - Nov 01, 2010
- Dinner on beach, Vivek's V-Day treat for wife - Feb 14, 2011
- Vivek Invites Karnataka CM To His Wedding - Oct 21, 2010
- Vivek celebrates 34th birthday with fiancee - Sep 03, 2010
- Vivek Oberoi: It Was Love Within Twenty Minutes! - Oct 26, 2010
- Vivek Oberoi To Marry Bangalore Girl Priyanka Alva - Aug 02, 2010
- Anything for my wife, says Vivek (Movie Snippets) - Aug 22, 2012
- Mallika blames love for single status - Jul 30, 2012
- Bollywood Actor Vivek Oberoi Weds Priyanka Alva In Grand Wedding - Oct 30, 2010
- I've got my dream role in 'Rakta Charitra': Vivek Oberoi - May 31, 2009
- Vivek's reception sees more political stars, less Bollywood - Nov 01, 2010
- Oberoi, Neha in gangster love story - Mar 24, 2012
Tags: alva, cheers, chemistry, critical acclaim, different world, encouragement, film company, gaya, highs and lows, how to talk to a girl, istanbul, july 14, kisna, new film, no regrets, planets, priyanka, ram gopal varma, saathiya, vivek oberoi