No plan to reopen Viveka Babajee case, says family (With Image)April 24th, 2012 - 1:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 24 (IANS) In the wake of latest revelations in the Arun Tikku and Karan Kakkad murder cases, former supermodel Viveka Babajee’s family Tuesday denied that it was considering re-opening her death case.
The family reacted Tuesday in a statement following reports that it was planning to re-open investigation into Viveka’s suspected suicide in June 2010 after her former boyfriend and stockbroker Gautam Vora was arrested by police here Monday.
“I spoke to members of Viveka’s family. And they categorically told me that there was no such immediate move to re-open the case. In fact, they are unaware of the origin of this report and have requested the media to thoroughly verify their facts before going ahead with such unconfirmed news,” said the family’s spokesperson, D. Bhagwagar.
However, the family said that if the police interrogate Vora about Viveka to ascertain the truth behind her death, the family would welcome the development and fully cooperate with the investigators, he added.
Viveka’s mother, Dayawanti Babajee lives in Mauritius and has completely relied on Mumbai police to investigate her daughter’s demise.
“If police find concrete evidence about Gautam Vora being directly linked to the death of Viveka Babajee, the family might reconsider its stance,” Bhagwagar added.
Vora’s arrest Monday and revelations made by Vijay Palande and Simran Sood, the prime accused in the Tikku-Kakkad murder cases, have suddenly thrown the spotlight on the Viveka Babajee death case - she reportedly committed suicide in June 2010.
- Viveka's family accuses boyfriend of abetting suicide (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- New developments in Viveka Babajee case - Aug 09, 2010
- Palande, three others charge-sheeted in Tikku murder case - Jul 06, 2012
- Viveka was not depressed, death not natural: Family claims - Jul 01, 2010
- Police hand over Viveka's house keys to family - Jul 08, 2010
- Tikku killer accused of other murders along with wife - Apr 18, 2012
- Viveka's family releases photographs to prove her relations with Gautam - Jul 05, 2010
- Tikku murder accused escapes police custody - Apr 11, 2012
- Escaped accused in Tiku murder case caught (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Crimes in showbiz: Who's to blame? - Apr 23, 2012
- Mumbai Police questions Gautam Vora in Babaji-suicide case - Jun 29, 2010
- Former supermodel Viveka Babajee commits suicide - Jun 26, 2010
- Erstwhile Model Viveka Babajee Commits Suicide - Jun 26, 2010
- After Viveka, another model commits suicide - Jul 12, 2010
- Court asks Viveka's boyfriend to give statement to cops - Jun 28, 2010
Tags: april 24, case in fact, concrete evidence, death case, demise, gautam, investigators, mauritius, murder cases, open investigation, revelations, simran, spokesperson, spotlight, stockbroker, suicide, truth, unconfirmed news, viveka babajee, vora