‘No One Killed Jessica’ is my dramatic interpretation of case: DirectorNovember 18th, 2010 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 18 (IANS) Director Rajkujmar Gupta says his forthcoming film “No One Killed Jessica” is his “own interpretation” of the case, but it is not judgemental.
“The trials of the Jessica Lall murder case were an important event in contemporary India. It was amazing to see how people rose to the occasion and spoke in unison for justice,” Gupta told reporters at a press conference here Thursday.
“The media too played an important and proactive role in the case, and the film is my dramatic interpretation of the case. I have told the aftermath of the Jessica Lall murder case in a thrilling an entertaining way,” he added.
In preparation for the film, the director spent several hours with Sabrina Lall, who fought relentlessly for justice for her sister Jessica, who was shot dead by Manu Sharma, the son of a powerful and wealthy politician, in April 1999.
“‘No One Killed Jessica’ is not just about the case. It is much more. It shows what happened after the case and how the people of the country reacted. It is a story of the a society and how one court judgement ends up uniting a country,” said Gupta.
Produced by UTV Spotboy, the film features Vidya Balan as Sabrina while Rani Mukerji, plays a journalist who feels passionately for the case. It will hit the screens Jan 7 next year.
Producer Ronnie Screwvala describes “No One Killed Jessica” as a “very entertaining, poignant and hard-hitting film” and feels the “audience will have something to think and talk about once they watch the film.”
- 'No One Killed...' is about a murder that shocked nation (IANS Preview) - Jan 03, 2011
- Raja ki aayegi baraat, says Rani Mukerji - Nov 18, 2010
- I don't care if movie commercialises Jessica's case: Sabrina - Nov 18, 2010
- No One Killed Jessica' Movie Preview: A Hard Hitting Truth - Jan 06, 2011
- Review Of 'No One Killed Jessica': Must Watch Movie Of The Month! - Jan 07, 2011
- 'No One Killed Jessica' director okay with A-certificate - Dec 14, 2010
- Vidya Balan Portrayed Sabrina Lall Without Meeting Her - Dec 27, 2010
- 'No One Killed Jessica' gets A-certificate, makers happy - Dec 23, 2010
- Glad youth are no longer armchair activists: Vidya Balan - Dec 27, 2010
- No rift between Rani and Vidya: Director - Dec 26, 2010
- Ensure only facts in "No One Killed Jessica": Amodh Kanth - Dec 14, 2010
- Rani Mukerji: Will Be Happy If No One Killed Jessica Gets 'A' Certificate - Dec 04, 2010
- Real life characters renamed in 'No One Killed Jessica' - Jan 04, 2011
- Actors are like beggars: Rani Mukerji (Interview) - Dec 25, 2010
- Film very real, will immortalise Jessica: Sabrina Lall - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: aftermath, court judgement, dramatic interpretation, forthcoming film, gupta, important event, jan 7, jessica lall murder case, journalist, manu sharma, New Delhi, politician, proactive role, rani mukerji, sabrina lall, screens, sister jessica, unison, utv, vidya balan