No movies with my dad, please: Sonam KapoorApril 8th, 2009 - 9:12 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, April 8 (IANS) Those who want to see Sonam Kapoor and her dad Anil Kapoor together on screen will have to wait for a long time. The “Delhi 6″ girl thinks Kapoor senior looks far younger than his age to play a conventional father in a Bollywood flick.
The buzz around tinsel town is that there’s a pivotal role in Anil’s home production - of Sonam’s father - that he was supposed to play. But Anil is not doing the film titled “Ayesha”.
“Do you really think he looks like my Dad? No! He doesn’t. He looks far younger than his age. And that’s why I wouldn’t want him to play my father. The role in ‘Ayesha’ that you’re mentioning didn’t suit him. My dad can’t play the conventional father,” Sonam, who has acted in “Saawariya” and “Delhi 6″, told IANS.
Earlier, Anil had been offered a role in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s “Delhi 6″ with Sonam, but both father and daughter decided against it. In fact, Sonam was more against the idea of their coming together than Anil.
“And that’s how it remains even now. I really feel we wouldn’t look like father and daughter on screen. We’d rather wait for a while until I’m older because my father isn’t going to oblige (by looking older),” said the 23-year-old actress.
When pointed out that some of Anil’s leading ladies are about Sonam’s age, she said: “That’s right and my father looks very well-matched with all his co-stars. He’s quite something. And now after ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ he has entered another innings in his career. His career keeps getting re-invented. I’m afraid he has set impossible standards for me.”
- I want to produce a musical: Vikas Bhalla - May 26, 2012
- I've always found women superior: Anil Kapoor (Interview) - Jul 06, 2010
- Neil excited about big screen love story (Movie Snippets) - Dec 26, 2011
- I'm open to criticism: Sikander Kher - Nov 19, 2011
- Dad wrote manual for future generations: Shammi Kapoor's son - Aug 18, 2011
- Peter Andre goes grey - Apr 30, 2012
- Naseer teams up with son Vivaan for 'Mastaan' - Mar 26, 2012
- Anil Kapoor oped out of 'Thank You' for daughter's sake - Apr 06, 2011
- Clooney worried about less sleep - Dec 15, 2011
- I'm not Bollywood's only 'tiger' of marriageable age: Tusshar - Jul 28, 2012
- I don't follow anyone in Bollywood: Ankit Mohan - Aug 11, 2011
- Films dont fail, budgets fail: Sonam Kapoor (Interview) - Jun 26, 2010
- Ranbir gives Bengali a shot (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Turn the clock around, gift your dad cosmetic treatment (June 17 is Father's Day) - Jun 15, 2012
- Ira Dubey Gets A Protective Hand From Anil Kapoor - Aug 17, 2010
Tags: actress, anil kapoor, buzz, co stars, dad, father and daughter, flick, impossible standards, long time, millionaire, mumbai, omprakash, pivotal role, saawariya, sonam kapoor, subhash k jha, tinsel town