No more TV shows after ‘Sound Trippin’: Sneha KhanwalkarAugust 11th, 2012 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 11 (IANS) Her distinct tunes in “Gangs Of Wasseypur” struck the right chords with music lovers, as did her compositions in MTV’s show “Sound Trippin”. But composer Sneha Khanwalkar says she has had her share of TV for now, and wants to concentrate on films.
“I think I’ve done a bit of television. Now I want to concentrate on films. With each film, one gets to experiment and go forward,” Khanwalkar told IANS.
The concept of the show was what attracted the audience to it - Khanwalkar would go to different parts of the country in every episode, collect sounds from there and compose a song at the end of each episode.
“The best part about ‘Sound Trippin’ was that we got to play the song immediately back to the people who have contributed to it. In a film, the song is recorded, then worked on in Mumbai and they come out after a few months. People are always living in that anxiety if their voices have been used or not,” she said.
After travelling to many unexplored areas of India, she says she had the most enriching time in Yellapur in Karnataka.
“The Karnataka episode was my favourite one. There was an African-origin tribe there. Firstly finding an African tribe in India was so surprising. They were so good. These guys are displaced from their country and have no idea how good they are,” she said.
Khanwalkar’s Bollywood tunes include latest hits like “Womaniya”, “I am a hunter” and “Teri keh ke loonga”.
- Musician Sneha defies convention, follows her heart - Aug 14, 2012
- Folk meets new-age beats in 'Gangs of Wasseypur' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Jun 11, 2012
- Sonakshi remains a 'bathroom singer'! (Movie Snippets) - Aug 15, 2012
- Folk gets a new high in 'Gangs of Wasseypur - Part 2' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Jul 21, 2012
- Hear 'Gangs of Wasseypur' songs on mobile first - May 23, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur - Part 2' - more fast-paced, furious violence (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 09, 2012
- In a man's world, Shivi Kashyap aims to stand tall - Sep 22, 2011
- Ash draws fans in Kochi (Movie Snippets) (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Glamourous roles require acting too: Deepika Padukone (Film Snippets) - May 28, 2011
- Double entendre, wacky songs score in Bollywood - Jul 06, 2012
- '...Wasseypur' premiere gets full house at Cannes (With Images) - May 23, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' - a romp into raw, rugged heartland (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Jun 22, 2012
- My film is not for kids, says Anurag Kashyap - Jun 06, 2012
- Why aren't there more women composers in Bollywood? - Jun 09, 2009
- 'Ek Tha...' trailer to come out on June 29 (Movie Snippets) - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: african origin, african tribe, anxiety, audience, bollywood, compositions, films, gangs, India, keh, mtv, mumbai, music lovers, television, teri, trippin, tunes, tv shows, unexplored areas, voices