No more reality shows for me - Baichung BhutiaJune 1st, 2009 - 3:32 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
The footballer Baichung Bhutia has been declared as a winner of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, season 3. The sportsman turned dancer is on cloud nine as he chit chats with us about his journey and why no more reality shows for him.
How does it feel to become the first male to win Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa?
Definitely it feels good and I’m very happy. Being a complete non dancer I did not dream of reaching so far and getting crowned as a winner. I am thankful to everyone who supported me.
You have won the price money of 40 lakhs. What are you going to do with it?
As I have said that I would be donating 50% amount to the charity all over. Other half I have shared with my chorographer Sonia. I will be also donating 1.5 lakhs rupees to the areas hit by the cyclone Aaela.
How has been your journey in Jhalak?
It’s been wonderful and especially with Sonia. She is the best chorographer in the world and deserved the trophy as a winner. She has taken care of everything from steps to the concepts etc. I would like to say that it’s the jhalak of Sonia and not me.
Which has been the most memorable moment in the show?
I think the tapori dance was the most memorable one. I enjoyed every movement as that was something new for me. Judges were also happy with our performances and gave us full marks for it.
Are there any chances to see you more on reality shows?
No more reality shows for me unless they give me the price of 50 million dollars (grins). I took up Jhalak just for the experience and now I am done with it. I have already made it clear that I wouldn’t be dancing in corporate parties and wedding.
What is next for you?
Thank god that Jhalak is over as I had been dying to get back to football and now will concentrate on that. The season is starting in next month.
-Rachana Trivedi/ Sampurn Media
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Madhuri wants Gene Kelly's tap dancing shoes (Movie Snippets) - Jun 25, 2012
- No ill feelings for Star Plus or '...Saathiya' team: Giaa Manek - Jun 15, 2012
- Chinese Indian Meiyang Chang bags 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' trophy - Mar 09, 2011
- After 'Jhalak...', Sushil Kumar says no to dance - Aug 05, 2012
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- Tough to promote Indian dance: Remo D'Souza - Jun 24, 2012
- Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar! - Jun 13, 2012
- Ravi Kishan in 'Jhalak...' because of daughter (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- I'm not the best dancer, just a good student: Meiyang Chang (Interview, With Images) - Mar 09, 2011
- Some are trying to bring me down: TV actor Sushant Rajput - Feb 10, 2011
- Madhuri, Remo to judge 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4' - Nov 26, 2010
- Madhuri's fans name a star after her - Jun 17, 2012
- I pray, I don't get offers like 'Jhalak...': Sushil Kumar (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- I've maintained myself well: Talat Aziz - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: 50 million, baichung bhutia, charity, chit chats, chorographer, cloud nine, corporate parties, cyclone, dancer, god, journey, lakhs, memorable moment, million dollars, price money, rupees, sonia, sportsman, trophy