No make-up for Mirren in ‘The Temptest’March 9th, 2011 - 2:15 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 9 (IANS) Actress Helen Mirren did not wear make-up for the big screen adaptation of William Shakespeare play “The Temptest” because it would look ridiculous.
The 65-year-old actress played sorcerer Prospera and says the subject matter and time period the movie was set in didn’t allow her to wear cosmetics, contactmusic.com.
“The director Julie Taymor was an absolute demon about me wearing no make-up. And of course she was quite right. It would look ridiculous,” she told The Scotsman.
- Mirren dedicates her role in 'The Tempest' to women - Sep 13, 2010
- Helen Mirren says Shakespeare should be banned in schools - Mar 04, 2011
- Watson wants to play Juliet! - Sep 24, 2011
- Helen Mirren to play Prospero in big screen version of 'The Tempest' - May 11, 2010
- Dominic Cooper tried to woo Helen Mirren - Jul 26, 2011
- Not interested in being a Barbie doll: Cattrall - Jul 04, 2011
- Mirren against youngsters getting plastic surgery - Aug 29, 2011
- Russell Brand can't keep his hands off wife Katy Perry - Dec 08, 2010
- Queen has a charming persona: Mirren - Jun 11, 2012
- Mirren surprised over best body title - Sep 22, 2011
- Helen Mirren terrified about royal role - Jun 10, 2012
- Helen Mirren shares lesbian kiss, allows to be groped on Saturday Night Live - Apr 11, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson to play Janet Leigh - Mar 03, 2012
- Too much make-up makes me look old, says Gemma Arteron - Mar 04, 2011
- Helen Mirren scared of working with Russell Brand - Apr 14, 2011