No improvement in A.K. Hangal’s conditionAugust 25th, 2012 - 1:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 25 (IANS) There is no improvement in the condition of veteran actor A.K. Hangal and he is “still serious”, his son said Saturday. Hangal was recently admitted to hospital here following a hip fracture.
“His condition is still serious and there is no sign of improvement. He has a breathing problem and is in ICU right now,” the 97-year-old’s son Vijay told IANS.
Hangal, who has been part of the Hindi film industry since 1967, was admitted to the Asha Parekh Hospital here Aug 16. He was admitted following a hip fracture, which he suffered after a fall while going to the washroom.
The doctors wanted to operate but they couldn’t undertake surgery as further complications, including chest congestion, cropped up.
Hangal, who has featured in films like “Namak Haraam”, “Sholay” and “Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India”, recently appeared in a role in the TV show “Madhubala”.
- A.K. Hangal's condition very critical - Aug 24, 2012
- Veteran actor A.K. Hangal is dead (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- A.K. Hangal cremated - Aug 26, 2012
- He asked me if he'll die or live: Hangal's son - Aug 27, 2012
- A.K.Hangal: Once an actor, always an actor (Obituary) - Aug 26, 2012
- For me, he was 'Humble saab': Subhash Ghai - Aug 26, 2012
- Veteran actor A.K. Hangal is dead - Aug 26, 2012
- Hangal back in action at 97, says age no bar - May 29, 2012
- A.K Hangal's performance unmatched: Gowarikar - Aug 26, 2012
- Bollywood ignores ailing, broke veteran A.K. Hangal - Jan 20, 2011
- IPTA pays tribute to Hangal - Aug 27, 2012
- 'Finding kinder face than Hingal's difficult' - Aug 26, 2012
- Filmography of evergreen star Dev Anand - Dec 04, 2011
- A.K. Hangal becomes showstopper for designer Riyaz Ganji - Feb 08, 2011
- Shatrugan Sinha's better, says doctor (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012