No godfather for Sheena Chohan, only mentor Sushmita (With images)May 9th, 2012 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 9 (IANS) Model-turned-actress Sheena Chohan, who has been trained by former beauty queen Sushmita Sen for her participation in the 2010 Miss Universe competition, says she doesn’t have any godfather in the industry.
“Having Sushmita by my side is like having a mentor in life. I don’t have any godfather in the industry,” Sheena told IANS in an interview over phone.
“I feel connected in a very special way with Sushmita. She has always guided and inspired me. She made me understand the meaning of integrity, dignity and the confidence in a woman. She still helps me,” she added.
Sheena made her debut in films with Malayalam movie “The Train” opposite Mammootty.
The actress will be seen playing lead roles in director Buddhadeb Dasgupta’s two short films “Mukti” and “Patralekha”, based on the poems written by the Rabindranath Tagore. The movies are among the 13 short films that Dasgupta is making and all of them are inspired by Tagore’s works.
“It’s my honour to work with Dasgupta. I’m fortunate that he helped me and trained me as an actor.
Sheena believes that she was destined to become an actress.
“I started modelling and acting when I was in school. I did a lot of modelling assignments and theatre. After that, I got into acting,” she said.
“It has always been there in my mind to do something in acting. Whenever I performed on the stage, I could feel the connect with the audience and it gave me lot of happiness,” she added.
- Sheena Chohan excited about film on Tagore's work - Jan 18, 2012
- 'Cinema all about human experiences' (With Images) - May 25, 2012
- Miss India Universe Finalist Dating A Designer? - Sep 04, 2010
- Models wait for their Bollywood breaks - Jun 05, 2012
- Nandita to direct play (Movie Snippets) - Jul 10, 2012
- "I Genuinely Feel That I Want To Be In A Bigger League Than Aishwarya Rai And Kareena Kapoor, Because I Feel That I Deserve It And It Is Just A Question Of Being At The Right Place At The Right Time" - Sheena Nayyar - Sep 03, 2010
- Umair Zafar: "Sheena Chohan is a very good friend" - Sep 13, 2010
- Item songs are artistic, not vulgar: Nathalia - May 08, 2012
- Revered but not read, is Tagore reserve of the purist? - May 10, 2011
- I never wanted to be an actress: Nargis Fakhri - Sep 19, 2012
- Whiteley turns lingerie designer - Aug 15, 2012
- RGV not my mentor: Nathalia Kaur - May 07, 2012
- Bollywood debutant gets Hollywood chance with Dev Patel - Feb 15, 2011
- Madhuri, Sushmita honoured for excellence - Jun 26, 2012
- I became better with every film: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Aug 26, 2012
Tags: actress, beauty queen, confidence, dasgupta, debut, dignity, godfather, happiness, honour, meaning of integrity, mentor, miss universe, mukti, New Delhi, participation, poems, rabindranath tagore, short films, sushmita sen, universe competition