No evidence in Mel Gibson’s battery caseJuly 31st, 2009 - 1:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 31 (ANI): Hollywood actor Mel Gibson will not be charged for battery after police found no evidence that he attacked a paparazzi photographer at a Los Angeles nightclub.
According to TMZ.com, police are not expected to interview Gibson, reports the Daily Express.
The ‘Die Hard’ star, who’s set to become a father for the eighth time, made a rare public appearance with pregnant girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva at the launch of Playhouse on July 29.
The Hollyscoop reported that the couple looked happy and relaxed. However, things turned sour after magazine reporter, posing as a fan, took pictures of them.
Gibson’s security guards were said to have confiscated the camera and deleted the photos, prompting the relentless journalist to send a male friend to get another shot.
The unidentified man filed a report against the actor, alleging Gibson flew into a rage and attacked the clubgoer before storming out, tearing the man’s shirt.
However, police have found no evidence of battery in the case after witnesses protested Gibson was not in close enough proximity to grab the alleged victim.
His security team had wedged him in a booth after several attempts were made to get close to the actor. (ANI)
- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend still plans to sue him - Mar 13, 2011
- Oksana to file civil suit against Mel Gibson - Mar 14, 2011
- Gibson's ex claims she suffered from 'battered wife' syndrome - Oct 08, 2010
- Grigorieva may sue Gibson - Mar 13, 2011
- Mel Gibson may counter sue Oksana Grigorieva - Mar 15, 2011
- Gibson avoids jail sentence after pleading 'no contest' to battery - Mar 12, 2011
- Oksana Grigorieva's ex bodyguard sides with Mel Gibson - Jan 22, 2011
- Mel Gibson, Oksana Grigorieva signed Cohabitation Agreement? - Sep 25, 2010
- Mel Gibson wants more time with daughter - Aug 04, 2011
- Oksana names key witness in Mel Gibson domestic violence case - Oct 11, 2010
- Is Mel Gibson dating aspiring musician ? - Aug 22, 2012
- Oksana Grigorieva's Chipped Tooth Shown On Website! - Jul 19, 2010
- Mel Gibson's ex 'taped him after cheating claims' - Jul 25, 2010
- Oksana Grigorieva 'to sue' Mel Gibson - Sep 17, 2010
- Mel Gibson 'assaulted Oksana Grigorieva weeks after daughter's birth' - Aug 11, 2010
Tags: actor mel gibson, alleged victim, battery case, daily express, die hard, die hard star, eighth time, grigorieva, hollyscoop, hollywood actor, launch, male friend, mel gibson, playhouse, pregnant girlfriend, proximity, rare public appearance, security guards, security team, unidentified man