No decision yet on ‘Eega’ Hindi 3-D version: Suresh BabuJuly 24th, 2012 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 24 (IANS) Telugu flick “Eega” producer Suresh Babu is yet to take a decision on making a Hindi version of the animation movie in 3-D.
“The tests are going on but we are yet to take a final call,” he told reporters here Tuesday.
Suresh Productions, which co-produced “Eega”, plans to release the Hindi version of the film, Makhi, across 500 screens in August-September.
Suresh Babu said Hindi distributors want the film to be converted into 3-D right away.
“But we have to look at various aspects like the costs, the number of screens available and the time to get it converted into 3-D,” he said while addressing the media with the film’s director S. S. Rajamouli and Pete Draper, chief technical director, Makuta Effects.
“We have to see whether it makes economic sense,” said the producer.
He indicated that converting the socio-fantasy movie into Hindi 3-D version may take four to five months as some of the sequences have to be re-produced.
“Eega” (house fly in Telugu), claimed to be southern cinema’s most technologically superior movie, was released worldwide July 6 with 1,200 prints and proved one of the biggest hits of recent times with a business of Rs 46.2 crore in the first three days.
In the film, a house fly plays the protagonist’s role, while Kannada actor Sudeep plays the antagonist, who kills a young man who falls for the same girl as him.
Later, the dead man takes the life of a house fly to torment his killer.
- 'Eega' to be released in 3D in Hindi (With Images) - Jun 25, 2012
- 'Eega' - fly's revenge drama rocks box office - Jul 12, 2012
- Buoyed by 'Eega' success, VFX company looking to expand - Jul 24, 2012
- 'Eega' exceptionally innovative, technically brilliant (Telugu Movie Review) - Jul 07, 2012
- What excites Riteish? 'Filmy-Picture' - Sep 14, 2012
- S.S. Rajamouli pledges to donate organs - Sep 18, 2012
- Kunal Kapoor's 'Luv Shuv Tey...' to come out in November (Movie Snippets) - Sep 12, 2012
- 'Rowdy Rathore' shooting disrupted in Hampi - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Katari Veera Sura Sundaraangi' paisa vasool movie (Kannada Movie Review) - May 11, 2012
- Rana Daggubati's language trouble in 'Dum Maro Dum' - Mar 06, 2011
- Music launch of 'Just Math Mathalli' - Dec 17, 2009
- Veena Malik to star in 3D horror film - Nov 19, 2011
- Komal's lively performance makes 'Maryaade Raamanna' enjoyable (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 25, 2011
- Is Bellamkonda Suresh On The Verge Of Remaking Kaavalan? - Jan 20, 2011
- Siddique To Remake Bodyguard With Salman Khan - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: animation, antagonist, crore, dead man, draper, economic sense, final call, five months, flick, fly, hindi version, hyderabad, protagonist, screens, sequences, southern cinema, sudeep, suresh babu, technical director, young man