No creativity in daily soaps: Karan Kundra (With Images)March 29th, 2012 - 1:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) “Kitani Mohabbat Hai” fame TV actor Karan Kundra says daily soaps do not involve any creativity and he has no plans to do them in the near future.
“Anyone can do a daily soap but there is no creativity in that. I asked myself that what am I doing by doing these shows. And that is when I decided to something different,” Karan told IANS.
The model-turned-actor is currently anchoring teen crime show “Gumrah” on Channel V.
“It is a very bold, different and in your face show. It is something that any intelligent actor would like be a part of. Something you don’t get a chance of doing often. You can do a daily soap whenever you wish to, but you cannot do a ‘Gumrah’,” he added.
“Gumrah” is said to be the first teen crime show based on real life incidents and it also invites experts who explain children’s psyche and possible reasons behind their actions.
Karan agrees that shows like “Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo”, “Balika Vadhu”, “Na Aana IS Des Ladoo” started a trend of daily soaps weaving stories around social issues, but he does not want to do such shows either.
“It is true that there were fiction shows catering to a particular issue. They all started well, but then went on a different tangent. I’m not very keen on doing such shows that end up with the same saas-bahu sagas,” he said.
“Gumrah” is on air and encouraging response makes Karan happy.
“I was very happy when my father called up and said, ‘Son you are doing a good job and I am proud of you.’ I have got emails from fans saying that they are liking the show,” he said.
“I am doing the show for myself. It has nothing to do with me being an actor. When I am shooting, it is not the actor, it is Karan Kundra himself. I am not doing it to grow as an an actor,” added the 27-year-old whoe last daily soap was “Kitani Mohabbat Hai 2″, a sequel to his debut show.
Karan made his big screen debut with the Punjabi movie “Pure Punjabi”. He will also feature in Dharmesh Darshan’s Punjabi film “Jatt Romantic”, with actors Daljit Singh, Neeru Bajwa, Gurleen Chopra and others.
- Karan Kundra in new look for KMH 2! - Sep 23, 2010
- Now Preity shoots at Eiffel Tower (Movie Snippets) - Feb 29, 2012
- 'Kitani Mohabbat Hai season two is not a sequel' -- Kritika Kamra - Sep 10, 2010
- Fans go berserk over Kitani Mohabbat Hai sequel - May 29, 2010
- Kritika's creativity gets no appreciation from Karan! - Aug 16, 2010
- "I never ever simply essay a character; I live it" -- Pooja Gor - Sep 15, 2010
- It's on! Kitani Mohabbat Hai returns! - May 26, 2010
- I'll be my real self in 'Kitani Mohabbat...2': Kritika Kamra - Oct 01, 2010
- Regional flavours on tube; Gujarati shows dominate - Mar 29, 2012
- There are two Kritikas in my life: Karan Kundra - Mar 20, 2010
- Karan Kundra is back! - Sep 16, 2010
- Life beyond telly: Actors in alternate businesses (Feature) - May 14, 2012
- Image trap doesn't bother Karan Grover (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- Kritika not keen for Kitani.. Sequel? - Apr 28, 2010
- Karan Kundra Off To United States! - Sep 04, 2010
Tags: being an actor, creativity, daily soap, daily soaps, fame tv, good job, gumrah, images, janam, kundra, ladoo, life incidents, New Delhi, psyche, screen debut, sequel, social issues, tangent, teen crime, tv actor