No connection between old, new ‘Chashme Buddoor’: SiddharthJuly 26th, 2012 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 26 (IANS) Multilingual actor Siddharth, who plays one of the leading men in David Dhawan’s remake of 1981 classic “Chashme Buddoor”, says the movie cannot be compared with the original.
“I’d never dare to compare David’s and Sai Paranjpye’s ‘Chashme Buddoor’. I didn’t think of Sai’s film even once. There’s no connection between the two. It has been a very liberating experience for me,” said Siddharth, who made an impact with his role in “Rang De Basanti”.
The actor is currently doing films in four languages - Tamil, Telugu, English and Hindi - and says “that’s damn exciting for an actor who always complains about the quality of work offered to him”.
In “Chashme Buddoor”, he reprises the part actor Ravi Bawsani had enacted in the original, a light-hearted drama which also featured Farooque Sheikh, Deepti Naval and Rakesh Bedi in key roles.
“Would you believe it, Ravi Baswani and I went to the same college! Though he was much too senior for me to know him. But Ravi is very dear to me as an actor. I’m paying a homage to him,” said Siddharth, who graduated from University of Delhi’s Kirori Mal College.
Siddharth says he did “Chashme Buddoor” for a special reason.
“David and I have been meaning to work together for a while. While earlier projects didn’t materialise, we became friends,” he said.
The 33-year-old is also part of Deepa Mehta’s “Midnight’s Children”.
“Luckily for me, within six months I got to work with Deepa Mehta (in ‘Midnight’s Children’) and David. They are the two completely contrasting ‘D’ factors in my life.
“Both are so comfortable with the craft. I just had to go on both the sets and surrender myself to the director. While one was serious business, the other was fun all the way,” he said.
- Online hunt launched to find title for 'Chashme Buddoor' remake - Dec 12, 2011
- 'Chashme Buddoor' set for monsoon release - Jun 01, 2012
- Akshay gorges on masala dosas (Movie Snippets) - Apr 30, 2012
- Ali Zafar's item song woes - Jan 08, 2012
- Turning 30 is fab: Dia Mirza (Movie Snippets) - Dec 10, 2011
- Proud that a woman got Pakistan's first Oscar: Ali Zafar - Mar 05, 2012
- David Dhawan to direct 'Chashme Buddoor' remake? - Jul 17, 2009
- Demise Of Ravi Baswani - Jul 28, 2010
- Anupam's Marathi debut a tribute to the blind - Mar 02, 2012
- Interesting roles dried up, they're coming now: Deepti Naval (Interview) - May 20, 2011
- I've no energy to make films: Farooque Sheikh (Interview) - Jan 21, 2011
- Deepti Naval finds nothing wrong with remakes - Dec 09, 2011
- Gear up for Shriya's item number - Jun 13, 2012
- Salman to play travel guide? (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- Preity finds her junior version (Movie Snippets) - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: actor siddharth, david dhawan, deepa mehta, deepti naval, films, homage, kirori mal college, languages, leading men, materialise, mumbai, plays one, serious business, sheikh, six months, telugu, university of delhi