No celebrations, it’s exam time for Hansika (Tamil Movie Snippets)November 3rd, 2011 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai Nov 3 (IANS) Hansika Motwani, who gave an impressive performance in recently released “Velayudham”, is not basking in the glory of the film’s success. Instead, she is burning the midnight oil to prepare for her exams.
“I have to write the exam in London and I would like to do well. I am studying hard to score good marks. I prefer to study the subject thoroughly before taking the exam, so I am concentrating only on my books for the moment,” she said.
So what about celebrations for the film’s success?
“I will party after the exam is done!”
Tamil film ‘Mankatha’ set for Hindi remake
Ajit’s hit film “Mankatha” will now be remade in Hindi by producer Gnanavel Raja of Studio Green.
Raja has produced films like “Siruthai”, “Singam” and “Naan Mahaan Alle”.
“Yes, my production house has got the Hindi remake rights of ‘Mankatha’ and we will soon be taking it to Bollywood. The cast and crew are yet to be finalized. We will announce it after Nov 15,” said Raja.
Jiiva teams up with Ahmed
Young star Jiiva, promising young director Ahmed of “Vamanan” fame and acclaimed music composer Harris Jayaraj have decided to team up for the maiden venture of V. Ramadoss and G.K.M. Tamil Kumaran.
Ramadoss and Kumaran have teamed up to make quality films and their movie is expected to grand and glitzy.
The untitled film, a romantic musical comedy, will be shot extensively in the Seychelles, Malaysia and exotic locations in Europe.
Talking about the project, Ahmed said: “It is a light-hearted musical with a strong storyline, dealing with themes like father-son relationship, friendship, youth and love.”
The film is expected go on floors in January next year after Jiiva completes shooting for Gautham Menon’s movie.
“The storyline is impressive and I am confident that it will be a visual and musical treat for the viewers,” said Jiva.
With Jayaraj joining the bandwagon, the movie has grown bigger in stature.
Ramadoss is an entrepreneur and proud recipient of the most prestigious and valuable Pravasi Bharatiya Award, which he received in 2006.
It’s workshop time for Shaam, Poonam Kaur
Acting workshops are common in Hollywood and British cinema. The trend is catching up in the southern film industry too and one was recently conducted by director V.Z. Durai for his uniquely titled film.
Instead of using any words, the director, known for his work in “Mugavari”, “Thotti Jaya” and “Nepali”, will use a symbol of six candles in the title of the movie.
Durai and his lead actor Shaam conducted the 10-day workshop. Actress Poonal Kaur too participated in it along with the crew.
“As the script travels with a child, the 10-day workshop has been very useful. It gave enough confidence and ease to shoot even a complicated scene. All thanks to the director for this,” said Shaam.
Sri Kanth Deva will score the music and Mathi will do the art work for the film
- A.R. Murugadoss Disappointed With Inception Connection - Jul 09, 2010
- Rahul Roy not keen to do special role in 'Ashiqui 2' - Aug 16, 2012
- Box-office business - a bleak streak for Tamil filmdom (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2011
- Arjun Steps Into Nagarjuna's Shoes For ‘Mankatha’ - Nov 19, 2010
- Movie Preview: Thillalangadi(2010) - Jul 01, 2010
- Amy Jackson To Work In Gowtham Menon’s Film - Oct 18, 2010
- No 'Orange' remake for 'Jayam' Raja-Vijay - Nov 09, 2009
- Gautham praises Jiiva, Nani and Samantha - Sep 19, 2012
- Shekhar Kammula's 'Life Is Beautiful' pushed to Sep 14 (Southern Movie Snippets) - Sep 03, 2012
- It's destination Mumbai for Piaa Bajpai (Movie Snippets) - Dec 07, 2011
- 'Neethaane...' music hit, sold 1 lakh copies - Sep 10, 2012
- 'Boss Engira Bhaskaran' Music Released - Aug 30, 2010
- Ajith Kumar's Mankatha delayed - Sep 14, 2010
- 'Engeyum Kadhal' Audio Launch On October 24 - Oct 18, 2010
- Bollywood? Not Trisha's Cup Of Tea - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: acclaimed music, ajit, bandwagon, burning the midnight oil, cast and crew, gautham menon, hansika motwani, harris jayaraj, impressive performance, kumaran, maiden venture, midnight oil, music composer, musical comedy, naan, quality films, raja, ramadoss, snippets, untitled film