No bikini for SonakshiMay 22nd, 2012 - 1:33 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 22 (IANS) Actress Sonakshi Sinha, who donned an Indian look in her debut film “Dabangg” and will continue her tryst with traditional outfits in her upcoming films as well, says she is not comfortable wearing a bikini on screen.
“It’s a complete no-no to bikini because I am not that kind of a person. I have been bought up in a certain way. I have certain restrictions that I follow and I don’t see any reason to change it because if the audience has accepted me fully clothed, then why would I resort to it?” said Sonakshi.
The 24-year-old will be seen in her desi avatar in “Rowdy Rathore”, “Joker”, “Once Upon a Time Again”, “Dabangg 2″, “Son Of Sardar” and “Lootera”.
“I am a normal Indian girl who wears jeans and T shirts normally. Born and brought up in Mumbai, so I am used to wearing clothes like that,” Sonakshi added.
In recent times, actresses like Kareena Kapoor and Bipasha Basu donned a bikini for the big screen, while Deepika Padukone has flaunted her fit figure in the two-piece swimwear in “Cocktail”.
Sonakshi is also a tad apprehensive about doing an out and out bold film ala Vidya Balan, who stepped out of her comfort zone for a film like “The Dirty Picture”.
“It was a great film and Vidya’s performance was fantastic. I respect her so much as an actress after that film, but it takes guts to do something like that. I don’t think I will be able to pull it off with the restrictions that I have,” she said.
Currently, Sonakshi is gearing up for the release of her second film “Rowdy Rathore”, directed by Prabhu Deva. It also features Akshay Kumar.
- Low profile was not intentional, says Sonakshi - May 24, 2012
- Don't mix the two 'Chammak challos: Sonakshi - May 22, 2012
- Sonakshi itching for an image makeover? - Nov 24, 2011
- Juhi flattered by 'idol' Lata's compliment (Movie Snippets) - Nov 17, 2011
- Sonakshi hopes for double whammy with Akshay - Jul 30, 2012
- SRK back to clean shaven look (Movie Snippets) - Dec 27, 2011
- Sonakshi's cousin Bhavna set to enter filmdom (With Image) - May 31, 2012
- No TV this year: Akshay Kumar - May 26, 2012
- If presented decently, Sonakshi game for item songs - May 29, 2012
- Sonakshi kicked about meatier role in 'Kick' - Jun 04, 2011
- Salman doesn't need good luck wishes: Sonakshi - Aug 13, 2012
- 'Rowdy Rathore' is the perfect comeback: Akshay Kumar - May 13, 2012
- Sonakshi denies posing in bikini for Maxim cover - Dec 14, 2010
- Designer Shabina Khan turns producer with 'Rowdy Rathore' - Apr 03, 2012
- Potboilers' successful run has continued: Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, bikini, bipasha basu, comfort zone, debut film, deepika padukone, film ala, guts, indian girl, joker, kareena kapoor, mumbai, piece swimwear, prabhu deva, sardar, sinha, traditional outfits, tryst, upcoming films, vidya balan