No 3D Version For ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I’October 11th, 2010 - 1:01 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
October 11, 2010 (Sampurn Wire):The producers of the ‘Harry Potter’ series, Warner Brothers, have confirmed that there will be no 3D version of the latest Harry Potter offering this year. The new Harry Potter film “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I” will have a worldwide release at the scheduled date next month. However, the film can be seen only in the standard 2D format and in Imax theaters. In a statement to the media, Warner Brothers confirms that they do not like the idea of disappointing the fans of Harry Potter, who have been eagerly waiting for the next film in the J K Rowling series to release. Since the 3D format cannot be prepared on time, the entire unit agreed on releasing the 2D version only, on the 19th of November.
Thus, Harry Potter will not join the 3D brigade, a format which has become increasingly popular with Hollywood producers in the recent past. But it is not all a disappointment for the wizard’s fans. While the first part of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” hits the screens this year, the second part will be released, as late as, next year July, and this time, both in 2D and 3D versions. The Part 1 adopting the 3D style has also been ruled out by Warner Brothers keeping in mind the heavy criticism that “Clash of the Titans” had to face in recent times for conversion from 2D to 3D.
Going by the reactions, fans are not disappointed, saying that they would rather watch Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter in 2D than wait longer for the 3D version.
- No 3D version of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1' on the anvil - Oct 09, 2010
- No 3-D format for upcoming Harry Potter film - Oct 09, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe Wears a Bra In “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” - Oct 21, 2010
- Will The 'Harry Potter' Series Really End With 'Deathly Hallows'? - Nov 17, 2010
- Fans dress in cloaks, hats to theatres for Potter farewell - Jul 16, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' franchise crosses $7 bn mark - Jul 22, 2011
- Harry Potter gets intimate with Ginny Weasely in 'Deathly Hallows' - Aug 18, 2010
- India Eagerly Waiting For Upcoming Harry Potter Flick - Nov 10, 2010
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows –Part I': The End Begins, But Is It Enough? - Nov 19, 2010
- New pictures of the latest Harry Potter movie surface - Sep 23, 2010
- Harry Potter and the Indian fan - one last magical time (Feature) - Jul 09, 2011
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows' Trailer Out Now, Looks Sinister And Grim - Jun 29, 2010
- Now Harry Potter to release in 3D! - Feb 04, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' breaks US midnight box office record - Jul 16, 2011
- No 3D Version For 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows- Part I' - Nov 19, 2010
Tags: 3d brigade, 3d format, 3d style, clash of the titans, daniel radcliffe, disappointment, film harry potter, harry potter, harry potter and the deathly hallows, harry potter film, harry potter series, hollywood producers, imax theaters, j k rowling, new harry potter, october 11, screens, warner brothers, wizard, worldwide release