No 3-D format for upcoming Harry Potter filmOctober 9th, 2010 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 9 (IANS) The first part of the much-awaited movie “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” will not be showcased in 3-D, according to Warner Bros.
The studio says the seventh instalment in the popular boy-wizard franchise will be released only in standard 2-D and not 3-D as planned, reports dailymail.co.uk.
“Despite everyone’s best efforts, we were unable to convert the film in its entirety and meet the highest standards of quality,” officials of Warner Bros, said in a press statement.
“We do not want to disappoint fans who have long anticipated the conclusion of this extraordinary journey, and to that end, we are releasing our film day-and-date on Nov 19, 2010, as planned. We, in alignment with our filmmakers, believe this is the best course to take in order to ensure that our audiences enjoy the consummate ‘Harry Potter’ experience,” the statement read further.
The director and producer are both happy with the decision.
“For 10 years, we have worked alongside Alan Horn and the studio, whose priority has always been to preserve the integrity of J.K. Rowling’s books as we have adapted them to the screen, and this decision reflects that commitment.”
Director David Yates added: “This decision, which we completely support, underscores the fact that Warner Bros has always put quality first.”
However, Warner Bros has not ruled out plans to deliver “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2″, in both 2-D and 3-D formats.
- No 3D version of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1' on the anvil - Oct 09, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' franchise crosses $7 bn mark - Jul 22, 2011
- Warner Bros gifts diamond bracelet to Rowling - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' breaks US midnight box office record - Jul 16, 2011
- No 3D Version For 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I' - Oct 11, 2010
- 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows' to get 3-D treatment? - Jan 29, 2010
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly...' highest global grosser - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1' grosses $657 million - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Boardwalk Empire' star, teen actors 'added to cast of final 'Potter' movie' - Dec 29, 2010
- New pictures of the latest Harry Potter movie surface - Sep 23, 2010
- Final Harry Potter to get biggest send-off at Trafalgar Square - Mar 02, 2011
- Warner Bros to distribute DAM 999 - Jul 13, 2011
- Harry Potter finale makes history with four opening records - Jul 18, 2011
- Producers sue over Harry Potter condoms - Aug 20, 2010
Tags: 10 years, alan horn, alignment, audiences, best efforts, boy wizard, david yates, director david, film london, filmmakers, franchise, harry potter, harry potter and the deathly hallows, harry potter film, instalment, integrity, j k rowling, journey, s books, warner bros