Ninja Turtles to come back in action in 2011April 23rd, 2009 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 23 (ANI): Get ready to welcome the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen, for a fifth film in the series is all set to be released in 2011.
The Mirage Group, which owns the franchise, is working towards making a live-action film focusing on the origins of the iconic crime fighters.
Targeted for release in 2011, the film would mark the fifth bigscreen outing for the sewer-dwelling heroes- Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael as well as their master Splinter.
The news comes to coincide with the Turtles’ 25th anniversary celebration, which kicks off on April 23 in New York with the first ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ film showcased at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Scott Mednick, former chief marketing officer, Legendary Pictures, is producing the new project alongside Galen Walker, who produced the 2007 computer-animated ‘TMNT’ film, the most recent instalment in the franchise.
Peter Laird, Gary Richardson, Frederick Fierst, Eric Crown and Napoleon Smith III are exec producing the film.
Lightbox Prods is producing the latest project, based on the characters created by Laird and Kevin Eastman.
“The original dozen comics created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman are some of the best source material one could hope for,” Variety quoted Mednick, as saying.
Laird, who bought out Eastman’s share of the property several years ago, said the film would remain true to the spirit of the original comic books.
Also, he said that the movie might use face replacement technology, which would allow the turtles to be much more expressive. (ANI)
- New 'Ninja Turtles' movie announced to mark 25th anniversary - Apr 26, 2009
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles returns - Apr 24, 2009
- Film Editor for Tarantino found dead - Sep 29, 2010
- Marvel X-Men ending soon - Jun 10, 2011
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man' poorly executed reboot (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 30, 2012
- Billy Elliot's Jamie Bell tipped to play teenage Spider-Man? - May 30, 2010
- Ben 10, Ninja Turtles 'giving millions of kids nightmares': Poll - May 13, 2009
- New Spider-Man is half-Latino - Aug 03, 2011
- Comic book on movies comes to India with 'Don: The Origin' (With Image) - Dec 20, 2011
- Paramount Pictures to animate 'Heavy Metal' - Mar 14, 2008
- George Lucas to produce an animated musical - Feb 01, 2010
- Amazing Spider-Man trailer released - Feb 08, 2012
- Jackman voted sexiest sci-fi star - Sep 02, 2011
- Tobey Maguire, Sam Raimi quit 'Spider-Man 4' - Jan 12, 2010
- Tobey Maguire, Sam Raimi leave Spider Man 4 - Jan 12, 2010
Tags: 25th anniversary, anniversary celebration, chief marketing, crime fighters, donatello, dozen comics, eric crown, fierst, fifth film, gary richardson, kevin eastman, legendary pictures, master splinter, mutant ninja turtles, peter laird, replacement technology, scott mednick, teenage mutant ninja, teenage mutant ninja turtles, tribeca film festival