Nina B’s Story told on BETJune 17th, 2009 - 10:18 pm ICT by GD
On June 16, Tuesday at 2 a.m, singer Nina B appeared on the late night hit show “THE DEAL” on BET network. The night show gave the viewers an opportunity to get to knowing the songstress well. The viewers in Memphis got an on-screen one on one encounter with the dynamic and talented artist. The episode turned out to be one which the viewers would not really forget.
Nina B is a New Yorker; she was born in Bronx and grew up in Brooklyn. The two cities are known to be breeding ground of the hip hop culture, the Jerusalem of the popular music genre. So, growing up in the two cities instilled the hip hop culture deep in her from an early age.
Nina B works under the label Ravenel Records. She rules with Elan over the cyber world with her music and remix videos. Nina is also the host for the popular show Video City. She is also quite involved with community work and does her bit for the society by being a part of Women On The Move. Her involvement with organizations like I Love My Life takes her on tours often like the “It’s Time To Bury Da Beef” tour.
Nina landed on the plum offer of a lucrative project at the age of 16. However, she declined to take up the offer. She met Amber Ravenel, CEO of Ravenel Records at the age of 19 while she was a part of the Russell Simmons/ Bruce Willis Art Start and Hip Hop Project. In 2003, Nina signed up with the Ravenel Records. She became the first female artist to be collaborating with the music label.
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- Beatboxing to make professional musical debut in India - Jan 05, 2012
- German artists connect to India with hip-hop graffiti - Dec 09, 2011
- T-Pain to perform in India next week - Jun 12, 2011
- Norah Jones inspired by Elvis - Apr 30, 2012
- Lady Gaga goes gaga at MTV awards show - Sep 13, 2010
- Cyndi Lauper To Pen Broadway Musical - Jun 23, 2010
- B-boying artist Crazy Legs to perform in India - Jun 20, 2012
- Paid Dues 2011 Festival Lineup Announced - Feb 01, 2011
- 38th American Music Awards Results Announced, Justin Bieber Wins 4 - Nov 22, 2010
- Grammy Awards criticised for using artists to boost TV ratings - Feb 22, 2011
- Why sing in English: Honey Singh - May 08, 2012
- DJ Fatboy Slim enthralls Gurgaon - May 06, 2012
- Sid Wilson To Launch Solo Album - Sep 02, 2010
- 'KBC 6' rehearsals on, Big B happy (Movie Snippets) - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: bet network, breeding ground, bruce willis, cyber world, elan, female artist, hip hop culture, jerusalem, late night, music genre, music label, new yorker, nina, plum, popular music, Russell Simmons, songstress, talented artist, video city, women on the move