Nila Madhab’s ‘Jalpari’ screened at Marche du CannesMay 22nd, 2012 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
Cannes, May 22 (IANS) Director Nila Madhab Panda, remembered for “I Am Kalam”, showcased his new feature film “Jalpari: The Desert Mermaid” at Marche du Cannes (Cannes Film Market) at the ongoing 65th Cannes International Film Festival. The film is said to have received a positive response.
Producer Sushilkumar Agrawal of Ultra Distributors Pvt Ltd is delighted with the response to the film from buyers and other participants at the fest after its screening May 17.
“Jalpari: The Desert Mermaid”, which focuses on female foeticide, will once again be showcased at the gala Wednesday.
“The story of ‘Jalpari’ is largely based on the issue of female foeticide, but it has been treated as an adventure thriller and journey film,” Agrawal said in a statement.
“Indian children’s cinema is now attracting a lot of interest in foreign markets, and like ‘I Am Kalam’, Panda’s ‘Jalpari’ will also surely be a great success,” he added.
Panda says the movie’s first screening at Cannes itself has helped them get invitations from other international extravaganzas too.
“As the film was not complete earlier, I could not send it for official selection in Cannes, but we brought it to the market and got a fantastic response here. We have got invites from many festivals already,” Panda said.
The film features child actors Lehar Khan and Krishang Trivedi as protagonists along with “I Am Kalam” child star Harsh Mayar.
It also features Parvin Dabas, Tannishtha Chatterjee, Rahul Singh, Suhasini Mulay and V.M. Badola.
- 'Jalpari' not a serious film: Nila Madhab Panda - Aug 23, 2012
- Box office offers mix bag this Friday (IANS preview) - Aug 29, 2012
- Spending crores on promotion doesn't guarantee success: Panda - Aug 31, 2012
- 'Jalpari' - a little gem, with message on female foeticide (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 31, 2012
- Watch out for mixed bag of movies this week (IANS Preview) - Jul 16, 2012
- 'Jalpari' to compete at Asia Pacific Screen Awards - Jun 11, 2012
- Our society has double standards: Tannishtha - Aug 08, 2012
- Kids bring spontaneity on sets, says Parvin Dabas - Aug 30, 2012
- Aamir brings smile to 'Jalpari' director (Movie Snippets)(With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Proving yourself biggest challenge: Suraj Jagan (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
- Emraan effortless actor, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Sep 05, 2012
- Driving social change for women - via stardom - Sep 12, 2012
- Richard Gere to work in Indian film? - Jan 10, 2012
- 'I Am Kalam' to open IFFLA 2011 - Mar 31, 2011
- Nila Madhab Panda supports 'green' films for kids - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: adventure thriller, agrawal, cannes film market, cannes international film festival, chatterjee, child actors, child star, feature film, female foeticide, film features, first screening, foreign markets, international film festival, madhab, nila, parvin dabas, protagonists, rahul singh, suhasini mulay, trivedi