Nila Madhab Panda supports ‘green’ films for kidsJune 21st, 2012 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) When go-green is the mantra for everyone, how can cinema be left behind. “I Am Kalam” director Nila Madhab Panda has collaborated with London’s Performing Arts Labs (PAL) for the Green Screen Lab 2012 movement, aimed at making kids’ films in an environment-friendly manner.
The Green Screen Lab invites new and emerging as well as experienced Indian writers to innovate and ideate scripts for films, focused on issues and experiences of the country’s children.
Panda, CEO of Elleeanora Images Pvt Ltd, says it’s an effort to give back to the society.
“I hope through a process like this we are able to give back something to the society, specially the new generation, even as we create beautiful new dream on the celluloid,” Panda, whose next film is titled “Jalpari”, said in a statement.
Out of all entries, 18 selected writers will get to work with an expert team of award-winning Indian and international screen writers, producers, directors and actors.
Keeping the environment in mind, the use of artificial lights, sets, usage of diesel will be curtailed, reducing the carbon footprint and costs of each film.
After the writer’s lab is over, each writer or a team of writers will be provided creative support for the subsequent six months to develop their projects for pre- production.
Selected projects will also be awarded further development funding, which may include, where appropriate, financial support to attend pitching markets at international children’s film festivals.
The Green Screen Lab is supported by the Children’s Film Society of India, Goethe Institut, Commonwealth Foundation, the Royal Netherlands Embassy and private donations.
- Nila Madhab's 'Jalpari' screened at Marche du Cannes - May 22, 2012
- Our society has double standards: Tannishtha - Aug 08, 2012
- Kids bring spontaneity on sets, says Parvin Dabas - Aug 30, 2012
- Watch out for mixed bag of movies this week (IANS Preview) - Jul 16, 2012
- 'Jalpari' to compete at Asia Pacific Screen Awards - Jun 11, 2012
- Spending crores on promotion doesn't guarantee success: Panda - Aug 31, 2012
- 'Jalpari' - a little gem, with message on female foeticide (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 31, 2012
- 'Jalpari' not a serious film: Nila Madhab Panda - Aug 23, 2012
- Emraan effortless actor, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Sep 05, 2012
- Aamir brings smile to 'Jalpari' director (Movie Snippets)(With Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Box office offers mix bag this Friday (IANS preview) - Aug 29, 2012
- Proving yourself biggest challenge: Suraj Jagan (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
- Film to promote poor children's education at IFFI - Nov 24, 2010
- 'I Am Kalam' about dreaming big, making big! (IANS Preview) - Aug 03, 2011
- Richard Gere to work in Indian film? - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: carbon footprint, celluloid, commonwealth foundation, creative support, dream on, expert team, film festivals, film society, further development, goethe, goethe institut, indian writers, madhab, mantra, new dream, nila, private donations, pvt ltd, royal netherlands embassy, screen writers