Nikhil Advani dedicates ‘Delhi Safari’ to daughterAugust 17th, 2012 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 17 (IANS) Nikhil Advani puts “Patiala House” failure past behind him and gears up for his next project “Delhi Safari” and says that the 3D animation movie is for his six-year-old daughter, Keya.
“I feel, I have made this film for my daughter who could see it with her friends. It would be really expensive if I make a film especially for my daughter, but the motive behind this was that it’s a very proud moment when she enjoys such films with her friends discussing about characters and all,” Advani told IANS and added that apart from children, animation genre has adult patrons too.
“I don’t believe animated films are only for children. I made this film for a lot of people who enjoy such films,” he said.
After debuting as a director with 2003 hit “Kal Ho Naa Ho”, he wielded megaphone for “Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute To Love”, “Chandni Chowk To China” and “Patiala House”, but none could replicate the success of his first directorial venture.
With “Delhi Safari”, Advani has tried his hands for the first time with animation and says it’s a time consuming and expensive too.
“Couple of months post ‘Salaam-e-Ishq’ (2007), I started working on this project. It took five long years to complete the project. The film is originally in Hindi and also dubbed in English. It’s a very time consuming process,” the 41-year-old said.
He further added: “To make an animated film, it takes a lot of time and there needs to be some discipline. All your work is done on paper. In Hollywood, they spend around two years in pre-production. It’s a little risky and expensive to make animated films.”
“Delhi Safari” will be competing with Karan Johar’s “Student Of The Year” which is scheduled for Oct 19 release.
- Priyanka Chopra, Salman Khan: ‘I Am Hariprasad’ May Bring Them Together Again! - Dec 04, 2010
- "Patiala House" -- A father-son story at heart (IANS Film Review; Rating:****) - Feb 12, 2011
- Pakistani cricketers welcome in my film: Nikhil Advani - Feb 27, 2010
- Priyanka pays tribute to Rekha at IIFA - Jun 10, 2012
- 'Chandni Chowk...' not based on Akshay's life, but has similarities: Nikhil Advani (Interview) - Jan 10, 2009
- Stylists have designs on Bollywood - as directors - Dec 20, 2009
- Vanessa, Jason give voiceover for Advani's animation movie - May 31, 2011
- People will connect with 'Love Breakups..': Director - Aug 24, 2011
- Bollywood makes its presence felt at F1 after-party - Oct 30, 2011
- Deepak Tijori to direct two films this year - Jun 26, 2012
- No more films for Sonali after 'Once Upon...' - Aug 22, 2012
- John, Abhishek in the running for Meghna Gulzar's next - Sep 23, 2010
- Why is Karan upset with the Khans? - Sep 06, 2012
- Sonu Niigaam, the casanova (Movie Snippets) - Dec 06, 2011
- YRF launches Boney Kapoor's son Arjun with 'Virus Diwan' - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: 3d animation, adult patrons, animated film, animated films, china, chowk, directorial venture, discipline, failure, gears, genre, hollywood, karan johar, motive, nikhil advani, proud moment, safari, tribute