Nigel Lythgoe Returns As ‘American Idol’ Executive ProducerAugust 6th, 2010 - 2:02 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to the official ‘American Idol’ website, Nigel Lythgoe will be returning to the show as executive producer to join Simon Fuller, Cecile Frot-Coutaz, and Ken Warwick on the tenth season of ‘American Idol’ which will be premiering on ‘FOX’ in January of 2011.
Lithgoe explained his closeness to Simon Fuller, and his love of American Idol in his statement, “Since we launched the original ‘Pop Idol’ in England, I’ve remained close with Simon Fuller. Working as executive producer on American Idol for its first seven years not only was an inspirational journey into the heart of American pop culture, it opened my eyes to the untapped potential of the incredibly dynamic young people in this world. I have been able to continue discovering raw talent on ‘So You Think You Can Dance’, which I co-created with Simon. American Idol became a juggernaut of epic proportions, but to me it was always like home. I am elated and honored to be rejoining childhood friend and fellow executive producer Ken Warwick, and look forward to creating more magic.”
Simon seems to be very pleased with the arrangements as well, and had this to say, “I am so happy to be welcoming Nigel back to the Idol family. He is, without a doubt, the most accomplished executive producer I have ever worked with. Nigel helped to define the show I created almost 10 years ago, mentoring our judging panel and nurturing our talent. His unbridled passion has been missed. This year, with Idol celebrating our 10th season as the world’s biggest and most powerful TV show, I felt it was an important time to collaborate with Nigel once again to help redefine American Idol and take us through to the next incarnation of the show.” Simon is the show’s creator.
Simon and Nigel also founded Big Red Entertainment , and Lythgoe is the co creator of ‘So You Think You Can Dance’. Nigel also spent seven years as executive producer of American Idol. The show has been nominated for 47 Emmy Awards, and received the Governor’s Award, which is the highest honor available for television.
- JLo to bag 21 million pounds for American Idol? - Jul 27, 2011
- American Idol to lower the age limit to 15 years - Jun 22, 2010
- Simon Fuller: Idol Gives Back Has Surprise From Bill Gates - Apr 20, 2010
- "American Idol" Reduces Minimum Age Limit To 15 - Jun 22, 2010
- Elton John first choice to replace Simon Cowell, says 'American Idol' boss - Aug 31, 2010
- Parents Television Councils Slaps 'Skins' With Child Pornography Allegations - Jan 22, 2011
- American Idol producer wants Paula Abdul back on the show - Aug 06, 2010
- Jennifer Lopez to return as judge on American Idol - Aug 11, 2011
- Paula Abdul Cannot Return to Idol Under 'CBS' Contract - Aug 06, 2010
- Nigel Lythgoe Comes Back To 'American Idol' Seeking The Return Of Paula Abdul - Aug 06, 2010
- Kardashian to produce 'Pussycat Dolls' show - Sep 17, 2011
- Paula Abdul offered to judge 'So You Think You Can Dance' contestants - Jul 24, 2009
- Gaga to guest judge dance show - Jul 05, 2011
- Jessica Simpson Could Be One Of The Judges Of The Forthcoming 'American Idol' - Jul 31, 2010
- Lee DeWyze decision not to present Idol trophy shocks all - May 28, 2011
Tags: american idol, american pop culture, cecile, childhood friend, closeness, epic proportions, executive producer, frot, incarnation, inspirational journey, juggernaut, Nigel Lythgoe, pop idol, producer ken, raw talent, seven years, simon fuller, so you think you can dance, unbridled passion, warwick