Nicole Scherzinger felt uncomfortable in Pussycat Doll outfitOctober 9th, 2010 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 09 (ANI): Nicole Scherzinger has revealed that in her initial days she felt uncomfortable in her Pussycat Doll outfit- because the band’s racy stage costumes were a far cry from her own “conservative” wardrobe.
The girl group originated as a burlesque dance troupe, known for its members’ sexy outfits.
But lead singer Scherzinger admits she’d never seen anything like them growing up in Louisville, Kentucky - and she felt uncomfortable baring so much flesh onstage.
“Growing up, I was very conservative in my wardrobe, so when I first joined the Pussycat Dolls, the biggest challenge was wearing those cabaret costumes,” the Daily Express quoted her as telling Cosmopolitan magazine.
“I didn’t feel comfortable showing my body so much, showing my legs and butt, chest and midriff. I wasn’t used to it so I had to really grow as a woman and learn to accept myself and my body, find that inner confidence and strength and love myself for who I was,” she added. (ANI)
- Scherzinger was awkward, lanky as a teenager - Oct 17, 2010
- Scherzinger to pay homage to Pussycat Dolls - Dec 18, 2011
- Scherzinger counting calories since teenage - Nov 22, 2011
- Nicole Scherzinger suffers from stage fright - Sep 18, 2010
- Kardashian to produce 'Pussycat Dolls' show - Sep 17, 2011
- Better judge than host: Nicole Scherzinger - Jun 30, 2011
- Scherzinger backs British music campaign - May 19, 2012
- How Nicole Scherzinger was rejected for dancing toothbrush ad - Mar 09, 2011
- Scherzinger comes to terms with natural body shape - May 09, 2011
- Scherzinger thanks pal Will.i.am for making Formula 1 fun - Mar 01, 2011
- Nicole Scherzinger always thought she was an ugly duckling - Nov 16, 2009
- Nicole Scherzinger confirmed as the next 'X Factor' guest judge - May 29, 2012
- Being solo is relaxing for Scherzinger - May 08, 2011
- Nicole Scherzinger says being "sexy" comes naturally to her - Jul 26, 2009
- Scherzinger's expensive plans to meet Hamilton - Aug 11, 2012
Tags: butt, cabaret, cosmopolitan magazine, daily express, dance troupe, far cry, flesh, girl group, initial days, inner confidence, lead singer, legs, london, louisville kentucky, nicole scherzinger, pussycat doll, pussycat dolls, sexy outfits, stage costumes, wardrobe