Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett, Geoffrey Rush go postalFebruary 4th, 2009 - 5:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 4 (ANI): Australian postal authority have honoured four Oscar-winning Australian actorsNicole Kidman, Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush by immortalising them in postage stamp.
The stars have been named legends of the year by the post office.
All the four actors have been presented with 24-carat gold replicas of their special edition 55 cent (25 pence) stamps.
Cate Blanchett said she felt “utterly, deeply humbled and chuffed by the fact I”m on a stamp. I”m going to be licked by millions of Australians and I can”t wait, reports The BBC.
Kidman said she was bowled over by this honour.
“Something like this - when you see your face on a stamp - says ”wow,”” she said.
She also added that she was excited her children would one day be able to “lick a stamp, put it on an envelope and say ”that’’s my mum.””
Crowe attended a special ceremony on Australia’’s national holiday to mark the creation of the stamps alongside Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush.
Rush said he felt that the stamps “can actually be a celebration of us”.
He further said that he had grown up in the 1950s and 60s when “the only person on a stamp was the Queen. It’’s a classy thing to know you”re on security paper.
The Australian Post selected the Oscar-winners for its Australian Legend award this year for their “outstanding contribution” to entertainment and culture in the country.
Each of the film stars gets two stamps - showing them both in and out of character. (ANI)
- Cate Blanchett over the moon with stamp honour - Jan 23, 2009
- 'Robin Hood' Russell Crowe gets stamped - May 07, 2010
- Oscar Winner Cate Blanchett lends her voice to 'Family Guy' - Apr 30, 2011
- Jackman, Kidman in Australia's Top 10 richest entertainers list - Dec 01, 2010
- Cate Blanchett calls for improvements in Sydney for theatre - Mar 10, 2011
- Russell Crowe earns star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame - Jun 18, 2009
- Heres how Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban met - Dec 28, 2008
- Cate Blanchett bags inaugural Women of Style award Down Under - May 13, 2009
- Bon Jovi to perform for Oprah's guests - Nov 22, 2010
- How Russell Crowe snared Cate Blanchett for Robin Hood role - May 06, 2010
- Cate Blanchett wanted to play Robin Hood - May 13, 2010
- Nicole Kidman, Colin Firth in new vampire flick - Mar 10, 2011
- Russell Crowe admits to Robin Hood set being fatal - May 18, 2010
- Blanchett criticised over tax scheme campaign - May 30, 2011
- Blanchett not patient enough to direct films - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: 1950s, 24 carat gold, australian legend, australians, cate blanchett, film stars, geoffrey rush, honour, legend award, london feb, national holiday, nicole kidman, oscar winners, pence, postage stamp, postal authority, replicas, rush rush, russell crowe, security paper