Nicole Kidman ‘feels love’ for woman who carried her second childFebruary 21st, 2011 - 1:00 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Feb 21 (ANI): Nicole Kidman revealed that she feels love for the woman who carried her second child.
After a “roller-coaster ride” with fertility problems, the Oscar-winning actress and her husband, country-music singer Keith Urban, surprised the world last month when they announced the arrival of a second baby daughter, Faith Margaret, born on December 28 last year to a “gestational carrier” in the US.
Kidman, who was present at Faith’s birth, said the experience was “deeply emotional, moving”.
“Having given birth and then … seeing my child being born this way, the love I felt for our surrogate… she was the most wonderful woman to do this for us,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as telling the Nine Network’s 60 Minutes program yesterday.
“We were in a place of desperately wanting another child and this opportunity arose for us and I couldn’t get pregnant and we wanted another baby.
“I get emotional even talking about it because I’m so grateful to her.
“Anyone knows the disappointment, the pain and the loss that you go through trying and struggling with fertility … [it] is such a big thing.
“I’ve had a roller-coaster ride with fertility.”
And while she hasn’t ruled out having more children, Kidman suspects Urban has a different perspective on the matter.
“I think if you ask Keith would we have another baby he’d be like, no. We love what we have.” (ANI)
- Nicole Kidman And Keith Urban Welcome Second Daughter - Jan 19, 2011
- Nicole Kidman Keith Urban Welcome Surrogate Baby - Jan 18, 2011
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban welcome a baby girl via surrogate - Jan 18, 2011
- First pictures of Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman's surrogate baby go public - Mar 08, 2011
- I was desperate to conceive second time: Kidman - Feb 21, 2011
- Kidman wants to extend her brood - Feb 04, 2011
- Nicole Kidman Reveals Why She Kept The Surrogacy A Secret At the Screen Actors Guild Awards 2011 - Jan 31, 2011
- Nicole, Keith show off pics of their new baby girl - Jan 31, 2011
- Elizabeth Banks becomes a mom - Mar 31, 2011
- Danielle Lloyd's son Harry released from the hospital - Aug 16, 2011
- India becoming a designer baby factory: Author Kishwar Desai (With Image) - May 31, 2012
- Nicole Kidman 'never thought she'd find love again' after Tom Cruise split' - Feb 03, 2011
- Big B loves Delhi winter (Movie Snippets) - Dec 16, 2011
- Cancer patients seek to reclaim life - Jan 02, 2012
- Nicole Kidman on life and new film 'Rabbit Hole' - Dec 27, 2010
Tags: 60 minutes, actress, baby daughter, country music singer, december 28, different perspective, disappointment, faith, fertility problems, gestational carrier, hasn, keith urban, love, morning herald, nicole kidman, roller coaster ride, surrogate, sydney morning herald, wonderful woman