Nicolas Cage sells 500-year-old German castleApril 1st, 2009 - 2:36 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 1 (ANI): Nicolas Cage has sold his 500-year-old Neidstein castle in Germany after paying a staggering 2.3 million dollars for it three years ago.
The actor was said to have visited the historical Bavarian property only once after adding it to his assets.
According to Roman Berr, the mayor of nearby Etzelwanger, a lawyer now held the ownership to the castle.
Cage also owns another castle in England, the 18th Century Midford Castle, on the outskirts of Bath.
He recently revealed his fondness for the English retreat.
“The castle is in a process of restoration and hasn’t been finished yet,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling British radio station Heart.
“It’s a long process. It’s from the 1700s and it needs quite a bit of love.
“It’s more like a castle of the imagination. It’s more of a (Alice in Wonderland author) Lewis Carroll-type castle actually; quite fantastical and all that,” he added. (ANI)
- Katy Perry's 'Wide Awake' Video: Singer punches her Prince Charming - Jun 20, 2012
- Cage sells Las Vegas house - Jan 27, 2010
- Nicolas Cage's financial woes - Nov 11, 2009
- Real Alice in Wonderland book fetches $115k at US auction - Dec 20, 2009
- 'Addams Family' in 3-D? - Mar 19, 2010
- Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland Crosses The $1 Billion Mark - May 28, 2010
- Depp fascinated by his character in 'Alice In Wonderland' - Jan 18, 2010
- Tim Burton to direct 3-D version of The Addams Family? - Mar 19, 2010
- Prince of Wales to attend 'Alice In Wonderland' world premiere - Feb 04, 2010
- Alice in Wonderland flick gets PG rating - Mar 03, 2010
- "Alice In Wonderland" Applauded For Digital Effects - Mar 06, 2010
- New twist to Lewis Carroll's Alice on SyFy network - Dec 07, 2009
- Anne Hathaway speaks about her 'Alice in Wonderland' role - Feb 28, 2010
- Dog Chapman bails out Nicholas Cage after New Orleans arrest - Apr 17, 2011
- Cage won't be charged in domestic abuse case! - May 06, 2011
Tags: 18th century, alice in wonderland, april 1, assets, author lewis, british radio, england, fondness, german castle, germany, hasn, heart, imagination, lawyer, lewis carroll, million dollars, neidstein castle, nicolas cage, outskirts, radio station