Nicolas Cage hired Voodoo Priestess to remove curse on new movie setJune 4th, 2009 - 2:29 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 4 (ANI): Nicolas Cage hired a Voodoo Priestess to remove a curse on his new movie, it has emerged.
Since the shooting of The Sorcerer’s Apprentice began, the film’s set has been invaded by accidents.
Two car accidents in two days caused chaos on the New York City shoot last month. At first, a stuntman lost control of a Ferrari and hit two pedestrians on the sidewalk; then just days later, an SUV struck a parked car, which resulted in injuring nine crewmembers, reports Contactmusic.
Following the events, Cage blamed the accidents on a curse and hired a mojo lady to break the spell, according to the National Enquirer.
A set source tells the tabloid, “Everyone was shocked when the voodoo woman arrived on the set. She was wearing a long black and purple dress, had long stringy hair - and carried a broom.
“She sprinkled ‘Voodoo Dust’ on the pavement as she chanted weird phrases to frighten bad spirits.”
And, apparently, Cage’s efforts worked - there have been no further accidents since the ceremony. (ANI)
- 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' - nothing magical about it (IANS Movie Review) - Jul 18, 2010
- 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' earns $3.9 mn on opening day - Jul 17, 2010
- I got into acting for Monica Bellucci: Jay Baruchel - Jul 17, 2010
- Movie Review: The Sorcerer's Apprentice(2010) - Jul 19, 2010
- Pattinson, Stewart plan a secret wedding? - Oct 13, 2010
- Robin Williams pulled over for biking - Apr 20, 2011
- Nicolas Cage to return for 'Ghost Rider' sequel? - Jun 17, 2010
- Teresa Palmer 'lands lead role in new 'Mad Max' flick' - Jan 16, 2010
- Nicolas Cage rep dismisses bar fight reports - Jul 13, 2010
- Nicolas Cage enjoys working with special effects - Jul 20, 2010
- Monica Bellucci 'pregnant with second child' - Jan 18, 2010
- Monica Bellucci 'pregnant with second child' (corrected) - Jan 18, 2010
- Stuntman injured on set of 'Hangover' sequel receiving "advanced care" - Dec 29, 2010
- Nicolas Cage Keeps Fans Guessing About "Trespass" - Aug 07, 2010
- Cage not involved in bar fight: representative - Jul 12, 2010
Tags: apprentice, broom, car accidents, curse, ferrari, mojo, mojo lady, national enquirer, nicolas cage, pavement, pedestrians, phrases, purple dress, sidewalk, sorcerer, spirits, stringy hair, stuntman, voodoo priestess, voodoo woman