Nicolas Cage grateful to Cher for his Hollywood stardomMarch 18th, 2009 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 18 (ANI): Nicolas Cage says that he is indebted to Cher for helping him become a Hollywood star.
The City Of Angels star has said that he is thankful to the singer-cum-actress because she fought to land him a role alongside her in the Oscar-winning movie Moonstruck.
Studio bosses were not very keen on casting the then-23-year-old Cage as Cher”’’s love interest in the film.
But it was the Believe singer who dug her heels in, and landed him the part of New York baker Ronny Cammareri.
The movie won Cher a Best Actress Oscar, and made Cage an overnight sensation in Hollywood and the actor is eternally grateful.
“She really was a champion for me. At a time when people didn””t see me as a romantic actor, she fought for me, Contactmusic quoted Cage as saying. (ANI)
- Nicolas Cage to star in 'Frozen Ground' - Jul 30, 2011
- Nicolas Cage Is Broke, Sues Financial Manager For Irresponsibility - Apr 10, 2010
- Mariah Carey awarded acting honour in Capri - Dec 31, 2009
- Kidman has no problem with nudity - Apr 20, 2012
- Janet Jackson used anger at MJ's death for movie scene - Mar 20, 2010
- Cher says marriage to Sonny Bono drove her to the brink of suicide - Dec 05, 2010
- Naomi Watts reveals how she became a Hollywood power player - Feb 13, 2011
- Aguilera made bosses stalk Cher for film role - Nov 21, 2010
- Cher Talks About "Burlesque", Her Role And Christina Aguilera - Nov 20, 2010
- Paltrow a singer! - Dec 21, 2010
- Cruz gets 2,436th star on Walk of Fame - Apr 03, 2011
- Wild theories about murder of Ronni Chasen sweeping through Hollywood - Nov 24, 2010
- When Gwyneth Paltrow was propositioned on Hollywood's casting couch - Oct 09, 2010
- Big B gets Maharashtrian of the Year award - Dec 22, 2011
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Panty On TV Show - Nov 16, 2010