Nicki Minaj tones down sexual contents in albumFebruary 13th, 2011 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 12 (IANS) Singer Nicki Minaj claims the songs in her debut album “Pink Friday” have far less sexual content as compared to her earlier videos.”If you listen to my album, compared to my early mix-tapes, a lot has changed. I mean, I have really toned down the sexual stuff,” contactmusic.com quoted 26-year-old Minja as saying.
“There was no need for me to do it. I feel like in the past females have kinda relied on that because they feel like that’s all they have to offer,” she added.
The rapper initially felt like she had to talk dirty in her album because she was told to and felt “young and impressionable”.
“I felt like this was what I was supposed to do. I was around people who were telling me, ‘This is what you should be doing’,” she said.
“You know, when you’re young and impressionable you feel like, ‘OK, you know best’, then you get a bit older and you’re like, ‘Hold on, you don’t know best and I’m gonna control this thing from now on’,” she added.
- Minaj doesn't want to be poor again - Apr 22, 2012
- Minaj wants baby in five years - May 11, 2012
- Nicki Minaj motivated by mother - Apr 26, 2011
- Rich men are a turn-off: Nicki Minaj - Oct 22, 2011
- Eve scolds Nicki Minaj - Apr 10, 2012
- Minaj finds it boring to look sexy - Feb 15, 2012
- Kissing Madonna was good: Minaj - Dec 10, 2011
- Madonna & Nicki Minaj's kiss creates waves - Dec 09, 2011
- Minaj's fragrance bottle has a pink wig - Sep 08, 2012
- Nicki Minaj wants to have kids - Mar 23, 2012
- Nicki Minaj laughs off rumours of a lesbian relationship with Rihanna - Jan 16, 2011
- Why did Minaj quit Twitter? - Apr 21, 2012
- Lil Kim & Nicki Minaj's feud continues - Feb 17, 2012
- Madonna and Nicki Minaj share a kiss - Dec 08, 2011
- Nicki Minaj opens up about her turbulent childhood - Jan 28, 2011