Nicki Minaj replaces Enrique Iglesias for Britney Spears’ tourApril 12th, 2011 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 12 (ANI): Nicki Minaj is all set to hit the road with Britney Spears for her upcoming ‘Femme Fatale’ tour.
According to TMZ, Minaj, a New York Hip Hop and R&B singer, was called in after Enrique Iglesias pulled out because his ‘ego could not handle opening for Britney’.
The deal was signed within the previous few days, with Minaj to join Spears on her 26-date run across America and Canada.
Tour sources said Minaj would be an “infinitely better” support act than Iglesias, and that she was expected to generate more ticket sales, reports Fox News.
The ‘Femme Fatale’ tour kicks off in Sacramento, Calif., on June 17 before winding around America and finishes with a show in Toronto, Canada, on Aug. 13. (ANI)
- Nicki Minaj & Britney Spears perform at the Billboard Music Awards - May 24, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias 'pulls out of Britney Spears tour' - Mar 30, 2011
- Minaj suffers on stage wardrobe malfunction - Jun 24, 2011
- Nicki Minaj Kicked Out Of London Hotel After Fans Cause Chaos - Jan 23, 2011
- Moby feels that Britney Spears' songs aren't music - May 31, 2011
- Britney Spears' 'Femme Fatale' tour in chaos - Apr 07, 2011
- Nicki Minaj to launch nail polish range - Oct 24, 2011
- Britney Spears' premieres video of 'I Wanna Go' - Jun 22, 2011
- Spears to make stage comeback at Billboard awards - May 22, 2011
- Nicki Minaj thinks pink for New Year's party - Dec 13, 2010
- Britney's show the best, say Hilton, Kardashian - Jun 22, 2011
- Nicki Minaj's video banned - Feb 02, 2012
- Spears may share kids' custody with Federline - Apr 18, 2011
- Britney's dad moves court for money? - Jun 16, 2011
- I'm not bisexual: Nicki Minaj - Sep 06, 2012