Nicki Minaj hated part-time jobsAugust 8th, 2011 - 9:24 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 8 (IANS) Singer Nicki Minaj says she hated doing part time jobs while she worked on shaping up her music career.
“That whole time was so horrible. It was like torture. At the end of the day, after working at whatever job I hated, I would get all dressed up and go out with the hope of getting a record deal,” contactmusic.com quoted Minaj as saying.
“At night, I was an artist, but during the day I was a slave. When I think back on that time, on the people who made my life a living hell, I want to say, ‘Are you all seeing me now?”
“This is me having the last laugh after all those years when you made it hard for me to get out of bed in the morning.”
Although Minaj thought of quitting at one point, her pride and dedication to making money to support her family helped her achieve success.
“I had no money, I had no one to call and I was out on my own. I also had the burden of not wanting to tell my mother that I was out of a job, and could I come back home?” she said.
“Besides faith in God, the only thing that got me through that time was the fear of what would happen to my family if I didn’t make it.
“I remember thinking, ‘I don’t know if this is ever going (to) work but I’m going to give it one final try,’” she added.
- Why did Minaj quit Twitter? - Apr 21, 2012
- Minaj not ready for kids - Apr 23, 2012
- Eve scolds Nicki Minaj - Apr 10, 2012
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- No nine to five for Nicki Minaj - Nov 15, 2010
- Rich men are a turn-off: Nicki Minaj - Oct 22, 2011
- Minaj doesn't want to be poor again - Apr 22, 2012
- I'm not bisexual: Nicki Minaj - Sep 06, 2012
- Minaj's fragrance bottle has a pink wig - Sep 08, 2012
- Kissing Madonna was good: Minaj - Dec 10, 2011
- I've no romance in my life: Singer Nicki Minaj - Feb 20, 2011
- Nicki Minaj opens up about her turbulent childhood - Jan 28, 2011
- Minaj wants baby in five years - May 11, 2012
- Nicki Minaj Quits Rihanna's Tour To Accomplish Her Album - Apr 08, 2010
- Jessica Mauboy paid Snoop Dogg hefty sum to rap - Nov 04, 2010