Nick targets family audience with TV series ‘Little Krishna’May 19th, 2009 - 5:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) With its newly-launched mythological animated series “Little Krishna”, a BIG Animation production, kid’s entertainment channel Nick is attempting to widen its viewership in India by targeting family audience instead of just the kids.
“Animation by default is considered to cater to kids’ space. But ‘Little Krishna’ is our attempt to make it a family entertainment show. Whether it is children, their parents, grandparents - it is a show for everyone,” Ashish S.K., CEO of BIG Animation, a subsidiary of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (R-ADAG), told IANS.
“Everyone positions animation as a kids’ genre - but it isn’t really so. Only time will change people’s perception that animation is just for kids as the trend has just caught on in India,” he added.
“Little Krishna”, a 13-episode series in English and Hindi launched May 11, is a co-creation between BIG Animation and The Indian Heritage Foundation, promoted by International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) Bangalore.
Each episode of the series depicts the adventures of Lord Krishna as a baby.
According to Nina Elavia Jaipuria, senior vice president and general manager, Nick India, the series is expected to find a huge consumer base across all age groups in the country.
Talking about the high points of the series, she said: “It has compelling narrative, endearing character Krishna, his various facets like being a prankster, superhero, a musician - all captured into one for universal appeal and also the fact that it has world class quality animation.”
The series has been written by Emmy award winning international writer Jeffrey Scott and airs on Nick Monday-Friday at 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Lord Krishna is still all-time favourite on TV, movies - Jun 10, 2009
- 'Little Krishna' bags best animation award at Singapore - Dec 14, 2009
- Kids, parents should realise outdoor play is vital: Experts - Nov 13, 2010
- New episodes of `Little Krishna' animation series in Malaysia - Jan 01, 2011
- Here's your child's ticket to NASA - Feb 03, 2011
- "Suite Life On Deck Twister: Part 3" To Be Aired Tonight - Jan 16, 2011
- Big Animation to release 'Shaktimaan' and 'Krishna' this year - Jun 27, 2011
- 'Shaktimaan' recreated in animation - May 17, 2012
- Summer bonanza awaits children on television - May 13, 2010
- Watch Out For Modern Kumbh Karan On Pogo! - Sep 24, 2010
- BIG Cinemas announces Fans Choice Awards - Feb 01, 2011
- 'Ban Gita' plea dismissed in Russia (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2011
- Clooney introduces girlfriend to his parents - Sep 10, 2011
- 'Ban Gita' plea dismissed in Russia (Intro Roundup) - Dec 29, 2011
- Nick Jonas eyes 'Glee' cameo - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: adag, anil dhirubhai ambani, anil dhirubhai ambani group, animation production, endearing character, entertainment show, family audience, heritage foundation, indian heritage, international society for krishna consciousness, international writer, iskcon bangalore, jeffrey scott, kids space, little krishna, lord krishna, quality animation, reliance anil dhirubhai ambani group, s entertainment, world class quality