Nic Cage starrer ‘Season of the Witch’ on Indian screens Jan 21January 12th, 2011 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 12 (IANS) Black magic and witchcraft will scorch the Indian screens as Academy award winner Nicolas Cage starrer supernatural thriller “Season of the Witch” releases in India Jan 21. Having already released in the US Jan 7, the period action outing is being distributed in India by Multivision Multimedia India (P) Ltd across 250 plus screens in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
“It will terrify audiences because it has great characters, it feels completely real,” Amit Jethani, director, Multivision Multimedia India (P) Ltd, said in a statement.
Helmed by Dominic Sena, the outing reunites Cage and the director after their 2000 superhit “Gone in Sixty Seconds”. Also starring Ron Perlman, Stephen Campbell Moore, Claire Foy, Stephen Graham, Ulrich Thomsen, Robert Sheehan and Christopher Lee, the movie has been produced by Charles Roven and Alex Gartner.
Set in the 14th century, “Season of the Witch” shows Cage as a medieval knight Behmen, who undertakes a mission pitting him against a devious witch and making him the last hope for the world against an ancient and dark force.
His faith broken by years of battle as a crusader, Behmen returns to central Europe to find his homeland decimated by the Black Plague. While searching for food and supplies at the Palace at Marburg, he and his trusted companion, Felson (Perlman), are apprehended and ordered by the dying Cardinal to deliver a young peasant girl (Foy) believed to be the witch responsible for the Plague to a remote abbey where her powers can be destroyed.
Behmen agrees to the assignment on condition the peasant girl is granted a fair trial. As he and five others set off on the dangerous journey, they realise that the cunning girl is no ordinary human and that their mission has pitted them against an evil that they could have never imagined.
- Preview Of 'Season Of The Witch': Get Ready For Some Suspense And Thrill! - Jan 06, 2011
- ‘Season of the Witch’ Movie Review: An Absolute Disappointment - Jan 07, 2011
- 'Season Of The Witch' - what's the point? (IANS Movie Review) - Jan 21, 2011
- 'The Warrior's Way' to hit Indian screens Dec 10 - Nov 24, 2010
- 'The Expendables 2' makes Rs.10.94 crore in opening weekend - Aug 27, 2012
- Playboy girl Brook eyes plum Hollywood roles (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- Nicolas Cage Loves Shooting In A Forest - Jan 08, 2011
- Playboy girl Kelly Brook eyes plum Hollywood roles - Oct 25, 2010
- 'Piranha 3D' to hit Indian screens Oct 29 - Oct 17, 2010
- Nicolas Cage to reunite with Dominic Sena for Season of the Witch - Sep 22, 2008
- 'Piranha 3D' throws killer fish at audience face: Director - Oct 23, 2010
- I don't mind acting in an Indian movie: Kate Bosworth (Interview) - Dec 10, 2010
- India, a country of contradictions: European MP - Feb 25, 2011
- Pakistan addicted to playing around militant groups against India: Pentagon - Mar 29, 2012
- WTA Copenhagen to retain hard court surface: Organisers - Jan 02, 2012
Tags: academy award winner, black magic and witchcraft, black plague, charles roven, dangerous journey, dominic sena, english hindi, last hope, medieval knight, multivision, peasant girl, period action, robert sheehan, ron perlman, season of the witch, sixty seconds, stephen campbell, superhit, supernatural thriller, ulrich thomsen