Next James Bond film on hold indefinitelyApril 23rd, 2010 - 11:59 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
April 23, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Debt-ridden MGM studio’s uncertain future, has forced work on next Bond film to be delayed indefinitely. Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), the American media company founded in 1924, whose opening logo of the roaring lion symbolizes the big-budget blockbusters that it has made in past, including the Bond films, is on the verge of sale due to heavy debt.
Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson of London-based EON Productions said that because of continuing uncertainty over the future of MGM and its unsuccessful attempt to close a sale of the studio, they have suspended development on next Bond film indefinitely.
The film under the working title of Bond 23 would have been the twenty third Bond film and sequel to the 2008 hit Quantum of Solace.
Broccoli and Wilson added that they have no idea when development on the film will resume and that they cannot announce a date for the release of Bond 23.
Bond star Daniel Craig, who is in Toronto shooting for the film Dream House, said that he has faith in Broccoli and Wilson’s decision and is looking forward to production beginning soon.
This is not the first time that the gap between Bond films has been prolonged. It had been six years when Golden Eye, starring Pierce Brosnan, released in 1995 after the 1989 release of License to Kill with Timothy Dalton.
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- Recession brings James Bond to a halt - Apr 20, 2010
- 'Bond 23' suspended indefinitely! - Apr 21, 2010
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- Filming of 'James Bond 23' Movie Canceled Due To MGM Bankruptcy - Jul 07, 2010
- New Bond movie filming cancelled indefinitely - Apr 20, 2010
- Production of 'James Bond' movie suspended 'indefinitely' - Apr 21, 2010
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- Cash Crisis Leads To Axing Of James Bond Film - Jul 05, 2010
- 'James Bond' film set to resume production - Nov 07, 2010
- Bond Movie Cancelled - Jul 07, 2010
- 'Bond 23' Finally Makes Its Presence Felt - Jan 12, 2011
- James Bond returns? - Sep 18, 2010
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: barbara broccoli, bond films, bond star, daniel craig, eon productions, gap, golden eye, james bond film, metro goldwyn mayer, mgm studio, michael wilson, next james bond, pierce brosnan, roaring lion, sequel, solace, timothy dalton, uncertain future, unsuccessful attempt, verge