Newcomer Jackky’s next on the lines of ‘Jaane Tu….’March 13th, 2009 - 9:20 am ICT by IANS
By Joginder Tuteja
Mumbai, March 13 (IANS) Jackky Bhagnani’s debut film “Kal Kissne Dekha” is set for a May 1 release but the young actor has begun work on a second venture, a romantic musical comedy on the lines of “Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa”, to be again produced by papa Vashu Bhagnani.
The film will introduce three boys and two girls - Indian - from across the world for the film. Jackky will, of course, head the cast while the leading lady opposite him is yet to be finalized.
The production house has launched a worldwide contest to select young actors for the project.
Confirms the man of the moment, Jackky Bhagnani, “Yes, we are launching our next film on a big scale. It will have all the ingredients of a young entertainer and will be on the lines of ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa’. I loved the film for it’s simplicity. Also, the very fact that each of the characters in the film was so identifiable and real is what makes me love it even more.”
Considering the fact that “Jaane Tu..” was not just centred on Imraan Khan and Genelia D’Souza but a horde of other youngsters as well, how much of opportunity can the young actors expect in Jackky’s film?
“At least the same if not more,” Jackky says promptly. “Each of these five youngsters will also be an important part of the film. The focus will definitely not just be on me. We are looking at a wide scale search for these young newcomers.”
Says a source from the production team, “Jackky has just started off as a lead hero and he wants to work in films that are young and energetic. Moreover, he wants to be looked as someone who belongs to the youth and is one of them. He doesn’t want to distance himself from his target audience, i.e. the youth, by being aloof and unapproachable.”
Meanwhile, his Vivek ‘Bhoothnath’ Sharma directed debut film “Kal Kissne Dekha” is set for a May 1 release.
Confirms Jackky, “Yes, we are certainly coming on 1st May. The date has been locked and the promotion is beginning as well. We should have an audio release soon as well.”
Vaishali Desai, the leading lady of “Kal Kissne Dekha”, makes her debut with the film that also stars veteran actor Rishi Kapoor. The film too has a horde of youngsters like Akshay Kapoor, Bhairavi Goswami, Kunal Kumar, Rachna Shah and Nushrat Bharucha.
- Comparison with Salman makes Jackky happy - Aug 30, 2012
- Shaan wants to stop alcohol promotion in movies (Movie snippets) - May 28, 2012
- 500 screens release for Kal Kissne Dekha worldwide - Jun 11, 2009
- Few new faces, but how they dazzled in Bollywood (Flashback 2009) - Dec 17, 2009
- Jackky-Pooja romance not a publicity gimmick! - Mar 07, 2011
- 'F.A.L.T.U' not a dance film: Jackky Bhagnani - Jun 18, 2010
- Shah Rukh Khan had stepped in to help Jackky - Jun 16, 2009
- KAL KISSNE DEKHA GOLDEN NIGHTS - May 23, 2009
- Cover Story: Debutants to look forward to in 2009 - Apr 03, 2009
- Vashu Bhagnani postpones Film Kal Kissne Dekha - May 29, 2009
- Dutt to play DJ in Kal Kissne Dekha - Mar 20, 2009
- Jackky Bhagnani becomes gets nostalgic - Oct 03, 2009
- Jacqueline, Omi bag Best Debutant awards at IIFA - Jun 06, 2010
- 'Kal Kissne Dekha' - of love and supernatural powers (IANS Preview) - Jun 08, 2009
- Akshay says no to Vashu Bhagnani’s Faltu - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: debut film, genelia, genelia d souza, horde, joginder, leading lady, man of the moment, may 1, mumbai, musical comedy, newcomer, newcomers, scale search, target audience, two girls, vivek, worldwide contest, young actor, young actors, youngsters