New York’s Indian Film Festival To Start From November 10September 18th, 2010 - 9:05 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 18, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): New York City’s premier Indian film festival is going to organize its 10th edition from November 10th to 14th, 2010. The annual event known as the Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council (MIAAC) Film Festival will be organized at glamorous venues all over New York City and will be attended by the biggies in Indian and American filmmaking, such as Mira Nair, Shabana Azmi, Madhur Jaffrey, Onir, and many others.
The MIAAC Film Festival showcases documentaries, short films and features films from the Indian subcontinent. In previous years, many prestigious films such as the Oscar winning film Slumdog Millionaire by Danny Boyle, and Heaven on Earth by Deepa Mehta, were premiered here.
Following the tradition of past years, the MIAAC film festival of this year will also organize a mix of film screenings, nightly networking parties, discussions on Indian cinema, industry panels discussing film production in India, an awards ceremony, special events and closing night events.
MIAAC offers a once-a-year occasion for networking with leaders and artists of the Indian film industry. This also provides the opportunity to meet the celebrities, experience the rich film cultures of the Indian subcontinent and witness the art of contemporary Indian cinema. This is the fourth consecutive year that the Mahindra Group has teamed up with the festival, and together the two organizations aim to offer a global platform to Indian filmmakers to showcase their work.
The Indo-American Arts Council (IAAC) was established in 1998 and has since been dedicated to showcase the works of and celebrate artists of Indian origin in North America.
Aroon Shivdasani, Executive Director of the IAAC, was quoted saying that she is very excited to be working with the Film Festival Director, L. Somi Roy and to present the best of Indian film making in these five days.
The gala opening of the festival will take place on November 10, 2010 at the Paris Theatre.
– Sampurn Wire
- New York Indian Film Festival moved to May - Jan 22, 2011
- Indian dances in New York dance festival - Jul 20, 2012
- "The Well (Vihir)" rated "Best Picture" at New York festival - Nov 20, 2010
- World premiere of 'Life! Camera Action...' - Oct 18, 2010
- Regional Movies In MIAAC - Oct 28, 2010
- Life! Camera Action… - Oct 19, 2010
- New York Indian Film Festival to partner with film schools - Apr 26, 2011
- MIAAC Celebrates 10th Anniversary of Film Festival at Preview Party on Oct. 1 - Sep 26, 2010
- ‘Shorr’ Premieres To A Standing Ovation At MIAAC Festival In New York - Nov 15, 2010
- New York Indian filmfest to open with 'Do Dooni Chaar' - Mar 09, 2011
- Raavanan Will Be Screened At MIAAC 2010 - Oct 20, 2010
- 'The Japanese Wife' To Be Screened At MIAAC 2010 - Oct 21, 2010
- Cooking With Stella To Premiere At MIAAC 2010 In New York - Oct 18, 2010
- New York Indian Film Festival offers exciting line-up - Apr 13, 2011
- New York Indian film fest getting bigger, better (With Images) - Apr 03, 2011
Tags: danny boyle, deepa mehta, features films, festival showcases, film cultures, film festival director, fourth consecutive year, heaven on earth, indian cinema industry, indian film festival, indian film industry, indian filmmakers, indian subcontinent, indo american, madhur jaffrey, mahindra group, mira nair, networking parties, onir, shabana azmi